Argghh-where is the time going!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

Argghh-where is the time going!?

Post by Manana »

2.5 weeks to go and I don't know what to focus on next. Poor DS, he's taking it like a *man* (well, not like his father actually who would be moaning and complaining having to do all this!!) but I'm the one in a flap.

It's also too hot to do any work-it's hard to concentrate! I hope it's cold and cloudy on the morning on September 22nd :lol:

Slow down please, time...!
First-timer

Re: Argghh-where is the time going!?

Post by First-timer »

Or speed up! It's this being on the brink that is so irritating. Everything between now and March is horrible.

What's the deal with the post-results information evenings? Does anyone know? I understand that they will be invitation-only affairs for those with a hope of getting a place. Does that mean that the top ranked children will be invited to all of the GS in Essex and Southend, or just the school where he/she sat their exam? What further information is likely to be given at these evenings?
moved

Post by moved »

My assumption would be that the schools will view the stats, establish an approx entry mark, based on who took the test and their catchment areas and invite those candidates to the evening. Hopefully you should all be given a good idea of a suitable score and then be subject to the sales pitch targetting your child.

Come back and let us know. :D
Manana

Post by Manana »

First-timer wrote:Or speed up! It's this being on the brink that is so irritating. Everything between now and March is horrible.

What's the deal with the post-results information evenings? Does anyone know? I understand that they will be invitation-only affairs for those with a hope of getting a place. Does that mean that the top ranked children will be invited to all of the GS in Essex and Southend, or just the school where he/she sat their exam? What further information is likely to be given at these evenings?
This is news to me! As a teacher in a Southend school with a child sitting the 11+ this month, you'd think I'd have been told something about information evenings! Where did you hear about them?
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I heard about them at the HT talks at the CoCHS and ChCHS open evenings. They were mentioned only briefly.

http://www.colchestergirls.essex.sch.uk ... 013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At 1.8 of the above document, reference is made to an information evening in October.

Perhaps the Southend schools aren't doing the same. I honestly don't know.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

moved wrote:My assumption would be that the schools will view the stats, establish an approx entry mark, based on who took the test and their catchment areas and invite those candidates to the evening. Hopefully you should all be given a good idea of a suitable score and then be subject to the sales pitch targetting your child.

Come back and let us know. :D
Ahh, Moved. What a fabulous dream it would be to have the schools competing for DD instead of the other way round! :lol:
moved

Post by moved »

Fundamentally they are. Each school wants the best candidates it can get, otherwise why would they make the huge effort to provide the open evenings.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

What what?? First I've heard of this..... :shock:
Is this the case with CRGS? Will there be an evening in Oct? When will the lucky few receive their invitation?
So if we don't receive an invitation.....
Humph :(
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Think they are mentioned on the Essex LEA admissions website too. There's a section on open evenings and I think it can be found there. Will see if I can find a link ...
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schoo ... enings.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There it is!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now