12plus practice papers

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lucy

12plus practice papers

Post by lucy »

hello
Its me again looked in WHS and on the bookshop here could not find anything for 12 plus any ideas anybody? my son is keen to have a go for a big reward. But I am making it very clear absolutley no pressure and if he is happy and doing well at allotted school that is where he will stay.I quess it will prove if 11plus was a blip or not.
lucy
stressed out mum
capers123

Re: 12plus practice papers

Post by capers123 »

lucy wrote:hello
Its me again looked in WHS and on the bookshop here could not find anything for 12 plus any ideas anybody? my son is keen to have a go for a big reward. But I am making it very clear absolutley no pressure and if he is happy and doing well at allotted school that is where he will stay.I quess it will prove if 11plus was a blip or not.
lucy
I think it's pretty much the same as the 11+ - just that a higher pass mark is required (but the children are of course older and should do better). I can't be sure on this.

I know that some schools now ask children transferring from another area (non-grammar) to take a set of non-curriculum based tests in maths, english & science. One appeal was based around this, in the school required the child to reach the average score of the rest of the school. The parents said this was not fair, as their child had reached just below this mark - but was still higher that 45% of the year (whereas, by definition, even the lowest scoring child had passed the 11+). Guess what we decided on this one!
Capers
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Lucy

Obviously I don't know what the 12+ format in Doset is, but in Bucks the difference between the two tests is:

11+ - 80 questions, 50 minutes

12+ - 85 questions, 45 minutes

The question types are exactly the same beyond that, and are no more difficult than the 11+ - it's just the speed and time pressure that change.

Can you speak to Admissions to ask what the test format is?

Sally-Anne
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

My daughter in year 7 at grammar in North Yorks said girls were at her school yesterday sitting 12+ and it was some verbal and non verbal reasoning with an english, maths and science test too!

Footymad :oops: xx.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now