warwickshire grammar school 11+ exam today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stormtrooper

warwickshire grammar school 11+ exam today?

Post by stormtrooper »

what question types turned up today in the warwickshire 11+ exam? our child is taking the entry exam for upminster as we have moved. I'm still curious...????
sss

Re: warwickshire grammar school 11+ exam today?

Post by sss »

Hi
No disrespect to our friend stormtrooper but I hope NO-ONE will divulge too much info on the exam content until after the results. Be careful everyone- your DC positioning in the ranking is at at stake.
stormtrooper

Post by stormtrooper »

perhaps we can discuss at end of september when all will be out of the way...i have no vested interest anyway. I believe info is beneficial for parents in the future rather than content and topics to be the preserve of those who can afford tutors....don't you agree.

...i see this as another example of those that have cash - getting their wish and those that do not suffering....unless they can gleane adequate information from discussion forums.
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Many many people have taken it upon themselves to get their child though the 11+ system and been successful. The childs innate ability also matters. No one need "suffer" and not all tutors are good. There are children from independent prep schools who do not get into grammars, and many tutored children who do not make it also.

When all those who missed the tests through illness/religious reasons have sat it, the info is available for parents in the future. There's a sticky of past content for the Birmingham exam so I don't get your point. I don't know about Warwickshire though.

Best not to wallow in bitterness and get on with it, if you ask me.....
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

Please do not forget that those who have an excuse for sitting the exam late TAKE THE SAME PAPER as those who sat it on saturday.
There are, in my opinion, a suspicious number of children who sit it late. We had the excuse of having to take DD1 to uni last year but I was amazed at the number sitting it with DS.
It would be really interesting to put in a freedom of info request for the 2 pass rates - the ordinary sitting and the late one.
I an sure the mods will be on to me but the demographic of the late sitting was, shall we say, a little unusual.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

Please define unusual.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

there may be some supsicious circumstances, but we are one of those people whose child will be sitting the paper this saturday the 15th and there is nothing suspicious about it.
We live on the west mids/warks border (our actual postal address is west midlands but we come under warwickshire for council tax and school admissions, very confusing)
We are considering KE five Ways, KES and AGS for our son (AGS being our closest school) we are within the priority area, so therefore our DS sat the Bham yesterday and will be sitting the Warwickshire exam next Saturday.
peter doe

Post by peter doe »

Regardless of the reason for not sitting the exam on the day,be it for legitimate reasons or otherwise,the content of the exam should not be discussed until all have sat it .
Giving anyone an unfair advantage is not fair for the students who sat it on the first day or for the schools who are looking for the best able students.
It is very simple common sense that the papers should not be discussed just yet.

As for the argument about affording tutors,I don't see this as the preserve of the rich .I am a very poor person from a poor country but I have made essential sacrifices to help my children .Most time I don't have the money but I cancel all kind of things from my budget to make sure they get a chance at the great education this country offers.
Some will argue that Tutoring is not beneficial,well maybe trawling numerous sites searching for better ways to teaching your child is not beneficial,maybe searching video hosting sites for help from teachers who donate their time and expertise is not important,maybe buying books is not important,maybe joining the library is not important. What I am saying is that anything that improves your child education is very important and beneficial. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
Last edited by peter doe on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

If my DS had sat the exam yesterday, there is no way i would be divulging any information about it, as this would put him at a disadvantage because others then would score better.
Our son has been tutored for the last 18 months and has actually sat 4 mock exams, each one progressively harder than the previous. The last one he sat in july was supposedly harder than the actual 11+.
He found the Bham harder than he was expecting, but easier than his last mock! Even though he has sat 4 mocks, he said yesterday was the scariest thing he has ever done.
The way I see it, even if he doesn`t pass either of the exams, the tutoring he has received will help him considerably through year 6 and his SATS.
He will be at a loss after next Satuday, for the last 18 months he has done an online daily test and has gone to a tuition centre every saturday morning for the last 10 months for 2 hours and has received homework from this as well!
Hopefully it will all be worth it!!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now