Chances of getting into AHS(girls)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tensedmum

Chances of getting into AHS(girls)

Post by tensedmum »

We are applying from Ruislip, HA4 to Aylesbury high school (girls). What are the chances of getting a place? Is there any hope?

I have checked the previous years statistics and it's given as ALL. What does that mean? Does it means places are offered to children from out of catchment area as well.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
scary mum

Re: Chances of getting into AHS(girls)

Post by scary mum »

It means all who qualified and wanted a place got one, including those out of catchment. I would think very hard about traveling from Ruislip, though. Wouldnt Chesham be nearer and easier?
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I agree with scarymum - driving that distance or public transport would be an absolute nightmare. If the school is that important then please move nearer!
tensedmum

Post by tensedmum »

Thank you all for the information.

Yes we would be moving nearer to the school if DD gets a place in AHS. Any advice on the easy commutable places to AHS and also good primary schools in the area

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I would also put the Floyd as a back-up choice.

Transport is only free to the nearest school now so think about where to live. Once you have narrowed down the area we can suggest good Primaries. Of course, getting into a good one in Y6 might be difficult!
roo007

Post by roo007 »

We got our DD into AHS a few years ago from Luton area.The allocation profile for AHS confirms that they have been ''all offered'' for the last few years so this is encouraging for you but beware that this is no gaurantee it will be the same next year as every year is different.Also AHS have chaged their admission critera for 2013 admission to give priority to siblings who attend the school at time of admission so this may have an impact and bring in the allocation distance.You should put your true preference order on your form as the highest one will be offered if your LA operate equal preference 8)
tensedmum

Post by tensedmum »

Thank you roo007 for the information, sure will consider that!
Kaz27

Post by Kaz27 »

If you want to stay close to M40 for access into London, J7 is a good place to look. Just over the Oxon/Bucks border, you have the advantage of being in the catchment for the Aylesbury grammar schools but also eligible to go to Lord Williams in Thame, a very good comprehensive, which takes the pressure off getting your other children into the grammar schools. :) Try Long Crendon.
loopymum64

Post by loopymum64 »

Did you go to one of the AHS open evenings ? We went on Monday and in his speech the head said that the number of girls potentially eligible for entry next year was very low and he would therefore encourage anyone to apply, whether in catchment or not. So I would imagine your chances are good.
StacatoMum

Post by StacatoMum »

Hi Loopymum64,

I am actually killing time in one of the looongest day of my life- but I am just curious about the AHS HT's comment of "the number of girls potentially eligible for entry next year was very low" - where could he have drawn that "potential"? Does he or any of the Grammar School HT hold a certain data to say this. I am just really curious.

Good luck to every child taking the 11+ today.
Wish it's just like a mock exam, you could get the result as early as the next day.

StacatoMum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now