BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sss

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!

Post by sss »

PLEASE PLEASE be careful as not to divulge any info either on this forum or 'at the school gates' on Monday as this would put A LOT of people at an advantage. I've already a feeling there are dps trying to work out today's test content. :twisted:
CaptainCaveman

Re: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Does anyone know the date of the exam for those unable to sit it today? It would be useful to know when it's "safe" to talk....
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

I am new on this forum, just discovered recently. My niece (whom i home tutored) sat the test today. I dont understand whats wrong with divulging the test contents to anyone, since the test is already done, there is no way to influence the test outcome now??? I have already been asked by a friend whose sister will sit next year abt the test contents and frankly told him whatever I could find out from my niece. How will this effect me or my nieces ranking??? pls explain...
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

A lot of children would have missed the test through illness or religious reasons (can't sit exam on a Saturday) or other reason. They will have an opportunity to sit the SAME paper at a later date. A parent trying to discuss the exam may do so without you knowing their child hasn't sat it therefore giving their child an unfair advantage....
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Morning,
What a lovely nights sleep I had, the first in more than a week!!
I agree everyone keep quiet, we all didn't go through this for the fun of it. I know some people have very valid reasons for sitting exam at a different time but I'm sure some are not so valid and are just hoping to find info to give them an edge.
Also I knew it was very busy at camp hill yesterday but I wonder what the numbers will be for overall test takers!
If anyone starts to 'probe' me for info I will have great fun making up my own 11plus exam content....
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

Overall test takers up to 4500 ish up by 500 this year so for all our sakes don't share exam info.....If it helps your nephew or other dc to have an advantage, it would be grossly unfair to your own dc and all of ours.

I have these figs from the office as I asked.
sss

Post by sss »

Would that mean that it's still around a 1 in 5 chance of getting into KECHG (for those ranking CHG as their first choice)?
Does anyone concur that this year's paper was one of the most difficult since the inception of CEM testing?
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

How does one know the actual answer to that without objective data around. I am sure it is a hard paper regardless of the year it has been taken.

Just relax, wait for the results and plan ahead. Best of luck
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Paramjeet is right : no one can really answer that.

The exam does seem to have been quite tough though. Thankfully, DS2 is not easily phased by tough papers, especially in maths, but he came out saying that the parts of the maths was quite tough right from the outset. He said he was relieved about that though as he has a tendency to charge through papers but said when he saw the questions he decided there is no easing in to the paper so took his time from the beginning. He said there was nothing he had never seen before but there were 'tricks' that could easily be missed in much of the maths. He said he had to guess some of the cloze passages too.

Several of our neighbours' children took the test too and they all seem to be saying similar things : that they had to guess / missed out some of the cloze and the maths was tough. I remember a post by KenR that stated that in one year a standardised score of 116 in maths was the equivalent of 54% - so the maths is always tough. Quite a few children come out every year saying the exam was easy, but I think they have been so worried about what to expect that they are relieved that it was just in English!

It is impossible to work out their chances based on their feedback. All I can hold on to is that if we felt that they had a good chance, they probably still have.

UmSusu
UmSusu