Olympics/Paralympics remains of the games

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
penguin

Olympics/Paralympics remains of the games

Post by penguin »

Anyone else looked at this website yet?

You can buy furniture and other products used to set up Olympic Village and Park.
Amber

Re: Olympics/Paralympics remains of the games

Post by Amber »

Well how bizarre. You can buy an Olympic welcome desk with little stand things behind it to make everyone think your lounge is actually a reception area for Olympic dignitaries. Just £450. Or some crowd control barriers, for external use (do not eat or insert into body cavities, presumably) for just £29 each. There is an entertainments unit which looks for all the world like a coffin, so not entirely sure what kind of entertainment it is designed for; a rug (or RUG - the only item in the index to get capitals) of Olympic grass or even Olympic ceremony grass if you are really trying to impress; and a high chair with a built in canopy so you can umpire all those outdoor sports events in your back garden even if it rains.

What fun! Thanks penguin. :D
penguin

Post by penguin »

:lol: :lol:

even though I was herded through the crowd control barriers meaning I had to walk twice the distance necessary, I've bought one or maybe two I think. My bargains are the John Lewis 'gel' dining chairs in blue and pink which are £30 cheaper than John Lewis - where they are currently out of stock!
Amber

Post by Amber »

My elderly mother was excited at the prospect of owning her very own 3m diving judges' chair; but when we clicked on 'add to basket', an interesting concept in its own right, we were told, rather brutally I thought, 'item does not exist'. Do you think we could get them under the Distance Selling regulations?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I wandered over to have a look at it. I clicked on "Games-used equipment" and the first item that caught my mildly horrified eye was "Tennis: Competition used ball: mens".

I won't be going back there again in a hurry...
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

.............not even to purchase a bathroom bin from the athletes village ? :shock:

I'm enjoying reading the comments almost as much as perusing the items. You've got to love the general public!
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

We have brought the bins!!! Boys rooms all needed new bins so snapped them up. Have also brought pink cushions for my sisters for Christmas :-) Now realised that I am completely sad, I am blaming too much Kent test practice lol
penguin

Post by penguin »

I can't find the used games equipment link :(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

What a great site, I have to say if I was equipping a student house or something I would be on there - desks, wardrobes, sofas, table chairs etc.. I almost want to buy something for the sake of it,but DH thinks I'm mad :lol: Shame about the umpire's chair :cry:
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:What a great site, I have to say if I was equipping a student house or something I would be on there - desks, wardrobes, sofas, table chairs etc.. I almost want to buy something for the sake of it,but DH thinks I'm mad :lol: Shame about the umpire's chair :cry:
Yeah, do remember that the stuff was designed and built to last 2 weeks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now