Real past papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

littlebaker

Real past papers

Post by littlebaker »

I was wondering if it was possible to get hold of actual past papers? I realise that I can purchase various versions on this site but I was interested to know if it was possible to get hold of real papers that had been sat in the past to see the layout/difficulty/variety of questions etc. Many thanks.
Dixon

Re: Real past papers

Post by Dixon »

It's not possible. A closely guarded secret!
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Ooooh! I wonder why, seeing as they're now redundant papers. I would have thought they'd be really useful but, as they change every year, not any conduit to cheating in anyway? Can't think why students couldn't take a look at them. Maybe it's the same with past GCSE's and A levels?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

from what i can remember the tests are set by Nfer/GL so the format will be the same as the GL papers.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

As the kids are not allowed to write on the papers there has been suggestion that they are re-cycled in some way. Also, apparently, there are occasionally question types on there not covered by practice VR papers (my DS said there was a type he hadn't encountered before a few years ago). If we were privvy to all the 'tricks' the examiners had up their sleeves then what fun would that be?? :roll: The practice papers are examplars of questions which may possibly appear on the actual test. I think we have all wished to see exactly what is on there but alas...no chance :lol: Even should one go to appeal (and request to see the child's test) you do not get to see the question paper, only the child's answer sheet.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

How mysterious! Thanks for everyone's help though.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

One of the papers is re-used every x years, although new papers are introduced from time to time just in case someone has managed to get hold of a one of the old papers. The other paper is new each time.
Capers