Wallington Boys next week

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2outof3

Wallington Boys next week

Post by 2outof3 »

Morning everyone,

DS is sitting this test next Monday and I see from the details we've now been sent that the comprehension is only 20 minutes long. This seems very quick to me. Does anyone know if there are likely to be grammar/spelling questions (like in the GLA and Bond English tests) or is it just straight comprehension?

I am a little concerned as it can take DS a fairly long time just to read the relevant passage in some of these tests, so it won't leave long to answer the questions :shock:

Anyone got any further info on the format please - perhaps from last year? :D
mumzone

Re: Wallington Boys next week

Post by mumzone »

My DS sat this test last year. It was 20 minutes for the comprehension and as far as I can remember it was just a straight comprehension. I hope thay have sorted out the organisation for the test this year - last year it was a shambles!
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Thanks mumzone, that's helpful.

Hopefully all the arrangements will go smoothly as well. My DS is in the first sitting, so hopefully won't be delayed due to an earlier sitting overrunning.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Hi
We were a morning sitting last year - so busy at 8am! Queue was really long up the main road and nowhere to park!! Once they reach the front of queue at gate they are whisked in! Get there early!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Oh dear,

Starting to feel nervous now :?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

WCGS is near Wallington Station. Many buses also go there too.
In view of traffic jams around the school on Open Day, I suggest using public transport.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Yikes!!

Post by Yikes!! »

Hmmm, 20 mins for a comprehension!....seems very short to me. :shock: :shock:

Im guessing that the passage will be around 3/4 of an A4 page? :?:

Feeling very nervous now, but happy that DS is not the slightest bit concerned!...hes excited as he will miss school! :shock: :shock: :shock:
cakemummy

Post by cakemummy »

Good luck everyone!

My son sat the entrance exam last year and is now at the school. He's very happy he get's a day off on Monday :D
JayBarnet

Post by JayBarnet »

Wallington County grammar's website says..

What is the pass mark?

The pass mark is always 326. The School uses a standardised system of scoring examination papers. Each paper is marked and then standardised to a score of 100 with a standard deviation of 15. The three papers, English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning are weighted, 40%, 40%, 20% respectively. The average score is 300. A score of 326 would usually mean a pupil scoring above average on each paper, although pupils do excel on one or two papers and bring their average score up.

Does anyone know this 326 is out of what?Whats the maximum possible score?