Kendrick Open Evening tonight

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonasona

Kendrick Open Evening tonight

Post by sonasona »

Looking forward to the Open Evening at Kendrick tonight, hopefully Dd will receive a further spark to motivate her and see her confidently through the next 2 weeks or so :)
Reading Mum

Re: Kendrick Open Evening tonight

Post by Reading Mum »

Same here
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Didn't you go in July as well RM? Bit keen ;-) I'll be there with my almost-10 year old. My eldest will be in the drama studio, being dramatic.

Although last year I took my son to the Reading open evening hoping for that final boost, and he came out saying he hadn't liked it as much as he had the year before! So not sure how motivational that was!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

This will be the first time DH has seen Kendrick as he has been out of the country for the last 2 open days. We also couldn't hear the talk from the back so that was a mistake.

There is always the risk that DD will go off it but there's only a fortnight left now.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

What did you think then? And what did dh make of it?

My dd3 got really quite excited I think, which was nice :-)

Don't think Ms K said anything I haven't heard Mrs Elms say in the past, although I did wonder at one point whether she would run out of superlatives ;-) Thought the head girl was a bit too good to be true, but liked the y8s very much :-)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I think he was quite impressed and DD is still keen. The thing he was least impressed with was actually the head. She read from a script and seemed a bit lacking in oomph. The girls were much better speakers. Nothing new said really but worth the visit. DH nearly undid all my hard work by giving DD a speech about how it wouldn't matter if she didn't get a place to which she responded that yes it would actually :)

I know he was trying to relieve pressure on her by saying that plan B (indie) was still a good option but I could happily have strangled him at that point - men, who'd have 'em!
Last edited by Reading Mum on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Dd really enjoyed the evening, got involved in all sorts of experiments!

Here's to the final run in........... :)
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Ms K is certainly less charismatic than Mrs E was, but as deputy head she was and now as HT she is far more involved in the day to day running of the school, and really does seem to know the girls, and seems well-liked by them. Last term she spent a day shadowing my then y10, and I think she did it with someone from each year. My dd said to me that in assemblies etc, she doesn't say things as well as Mrs E did, but the content of what she says is better!