Lesson in the post - what do you think of it?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

littledippy

Lesson in the post - what do you think of it?

Post by littledippy »

Hi,

Has anyone used their service?
I am working fulltime and I have a younger child who just turned 3. I looked at DIY but collecting materials, buying books, downloading games... and the choices are endless. To be honest, I don’t have a clue of what level I should be aiming at!! I had looked at the ‘Lessons in the post’ website but I am sceptical but like to hear your views.

Thanking you in advance
Littledippy
First-timer

Re: Lesson in the post - what do you think of it?

Post by First-timer »

Never heard of it but suspect you can do better yourself if it's a national enterprise. The 11+ exams are county specific and there is no point in prepping stuff that won't come up. This website is (I think) the most useful resource there is. Check out what you need in your county's forum. Heck, you can even buy the stuff from this website's bookshop if you're looking for a one-stop solution.

Lesson in the post just makes me think of bedknobs and broomsticks. :lol:
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

Hi First timer,

Yes, you're probably right. I found out about the 'lessons in the post' from here and thought if it is recommended here, someone must have used it?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... n-the-post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must admit I spent ages and ages reading other people’s advice and guidelines here. I am actually overwhelmed by the information available here.

Thanks
Littledippy
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Had a look. Seems like an expensive way to DIY it. £30ish a week for a year adds up to a lot. Especially as there's no actual teaching going on. You could save a fortune by buying the how-to books and the practice papers relevant to your area. Either way, it looks like you would need to put some time in yourself.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now