So..who is planning on doing an in-house post-mortem after ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bravado

So..who is planning on doing an in-house post-mortem after ?

Post by bravado »

Nosey-parker signing in :D

Is anyone planning to do a post-mortem or an in-depth inquisition with DC after the exam or are you going to attempt to avoid it, for the sake of your's and their stress-levels?

Obviously it can't be discussed on this forum until after the "alternative" sitting dates have passed. I'll probably avoid any discussions on here that may mention it, for the sake of my sanity, lol! :lol:

I vividly remember sitting my first German exam in the 2nd year at GS - calling it the 2nd year dates me lol! Anyway, back to the story - well I sat the test and really wanted to pass with a superb mark, as a fabulous grade in that and French, pretty much assured your passage to the much sought-after Russian class where only a certain percentage got to go. :wink: Afterwards, whilst doing a post-mortem with the class, I discovered to my horror, that everyone else had answered totally differently to me, on a composition of 150 words. I was utterly distraught and spent 2 weeks suffering torment until the papers were handed back. As I sat in the class, waiting for the teacher to walk to my desk with my exam paper, my heart pounded so much that I remember feeling physically sick. Well, what a shock! I was called out as the only one who had actually done the right thing and everyone else had messed-up big-style. Ever since then, I've never discussed an exam once it's done - I learned my lesson.

It's going to be hard but I'm going to try and break my addiction to this forum..if only temporarily lol!
Is anyone else going to be a wuss like me, or do you have nerves of steel? :lol:
yoyo123

Re: So..who is planning on doing an in-house post-mortem aft

Post by yoyo123 »

My philosophy with post exam discussion has always been that there is nothing you can do about it now, it was either right or wrong - no amount of wishing or agonising can change that!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Oh, I'll probably gently prod her for information. It's a curiosity thing. I'm always desperate to find out what text was used for the English paper. It drives me loopy. Last year was purgatory as it was an unpublished text. What I do with the information is exactly nothing! I just like to know. :oops:

At least this year there won't be time to purchase the paper before the results come out. I know I should have more self control but I just don't!
moved

Post by moved »

I allowed DC to download, or cry in the case of DD. beyond that we didn't discuss the papers. Due to my tutoring both have seen their papers, but have never shown much interest. I avoided DD's papers as she felt that she hadn't done well until after results day.
toolate

Post by toolate »

My DS has a tendency to think he's done well - even when he hasn't....I'll try not to prick his bubble.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Yes my DS, when asked, always says something like "Well, actually it was pretty easy" or "well, everybody found it hard"....Truthfully I've given up asking. There is no correlation between his scores in mocks and his perception of how he did.
Come the glorious day I'm going to scoop him up with his mates, put his fav music on the radio and fill them with sweets and chocolate....I just don't want to know.(til Oct of course...)
Got the letter today saying DS is first on at CRGS....think I'm glad he's the early shift but not sure.....any thoughts?? :?
JWMUM
bravado

Post by bravado »

We decided (in consultation with DD2) that when she escapes, we'll ask her if she's happy with how she did, give some hugs and kisses etc but that's as far as we dare go :)

We've got the second sitting - everyone seems happy with that.
RGA

Post by RGA »

I might gently probe on whether she finished (or at least guessed at things rather than leaving anything blank). Other than that I plan to just leave it alone unless she mentions anything (unlikely).