What will you do when the 11+ exams are over?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bondgirl

What will you do when the 11+ exams are over?

Post by bondgirl »

DS has his first exam tomorrow and his last one next Wednesday. I've booked for us all to go and see Shrek The Musical next Friday night as an end-of-11+ treat (DCs don't know yet - it'll be a surprise on the day) and we have friends over the following day. Also, I've promised DS we will have a go at making the eight strand plaited loaf that they made on Great British Bake Off a couple of weeks ago (his fave programme!). As I am no baker, it should be interesting to say the least :lol:

What does every else have planned (after the ritual burning of practice papers, that is :shock: )?
scarlett

Re: What will you do when the 11+ exams are over?

Post by scarlett »

Cinema with a friend for DS.

Cold turkey for me ( alcohol , cakes and this place .)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Our only exam is on 1st Oct and we don't get the scores back till 22/23rd so then there will be couple of days for CAF and then it's half term. I think DD would like to visit friends in Pembrokeshire and also visit the Harry Potter thingy.
As soon as the exam is done she will be able to do lots of things that have been vetoed before the exam like early morning swimming and sleepovers.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

My DD wants her treat to be a meal at Yo Sushi. I'm also now allowing her to join the district netball team and do Martial Arts lessons. These were all banned during year 5, poor kid.

If she passes she gets to decorate her room with new wallpaper, curtains bedding.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Halemum, how sad that you had to ban your daughter from certain activities in year 5. All work and NO play......she's only a child still. Activities are good for the mind and body, and you'd get more from your daughter if you allowed her do such things! :(
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Relax. Stop nagging DS to do some 11+ practice.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I'm guessing if Halemum's DD is now allowed to join a district team, she already is playing quite a bit of netball, albeit at a lower level. :D
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Our last one tomorrow and we are booked in for a meal at DS's fave pizza place for tea. The we are home to set fire to his workbooks and a big fat bottle/glass of wine for me.
Vic x
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

ds got a meal out after the exam (slightly belated birthday celebration as both his and my birthdays were in the few days immediately before it). And a promise of - apart from homework set by school - no extra out of school work until after the clocks change, so that he can catch up on his sports training and playing with friends which he missed out on a bit in the last few weeks running up to exam day. And slightly longer term the prospect of a proper holiday next summer when he's in between schools since we didn't manage one this year.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

[quote="Pumpkin Pie"]Halemum, how sad that you had to ban your daughter from certain activities in year 5. All work and NO play......she's only a child still. Activities are good for the mind and body, and you'd get more from your daughter if you allowed her do such things! :([/
:D
Last edited by Halemum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now