Your child's first week (1/2)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressed?Moi?

Your child's first week (1/2)

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Just wondering how everyone is getting on?

My dd is at Ribston and is realllly enjoying it. The staff are lovely and approachable, she isn't being loaded (yet!) with the vast amount of homework that another school we know of is giving, thus allowing them to settle in a bit better. I've been surprised how much dance, drama and phys ed there is which I'm sure some parents wouldn't agree with but I think is really important. We've had a few issues with Express Travel from Cheltenham and haven't been too impressed. All in all, it has definately been the best choice and we are really happy so far. Really hoping everyone else is too.
stroudydad

Re: Your child's first week (1/2)

Post by stroudydad »

Glad to hear she's enjoying it! DS is loving Marling, skips off to school as early as we'll let him. Has had a bit of homework but nothing too taxing. Couldn't be more pleased. Sadly the spectre of this years 11+ looms over me now :evil:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

stroudydad wrote:Glad to hear she's enjoying it! DS is loving Marling, skips off to school as early as we'll let him. Has had a bit of homework but nothing too taxing. Couldn't be more pleased. Sadly the spectre of this years 11+ looms over me now :evil:
That's lovely to hear SD; it makes it all worthwhile.

Ouch, 11+ two years running, poor you. Sure it will be fine. I've got 2 years off fortunately.
Bemily

Post by Bemily »

Dd is at Pate's and very happy. Homework not too bad so far. Bus journey going really well. They had an activity day on tuesday which she enjoyed and everybody is getting involved with the house music competition which gives the new starters a real sense of belonging I think.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Bemily wrote:Dd is at Pate's and very happy. Homework not too bad so far. Bus journey going really well. They had an activity day on tuesday which she enjoyed and everybody is getting involved with the house music competition which gives the new starters a real sense of belonging I think.
That's great; long may he continue to enjoy himself. So much more is done these days for children to be integrated sucessfully which can only be a good thing.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:she isn't being loaded (yet!) with the vast amount of homework that another school we know of is giving
If it isn't Pates, Ribston or Marling... The mystery continues. :wink:
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

It ain't Crypt either! My DS loving school and homework perfectly manageable. Staff lovely - boys friendly and drama, art, music galore. My DS at orchestra with school today and did choir too this week! I feel we made a great choice!

Glad to hear all other DC seem happy too.

PHEW!
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:
Stressed?Moi? wrote:she isn't being loaded (yet!) with the vast amount of homework that another school we know of is giving
If it isn't Pates, Ribston or Marling... The mystery continues. :wink:
There are lots and lots of other schools in the county...

I have 2 out of 3 at new schools this time. The only noteworthy thing so far is how unremarkable it has all been. Barely missed a beat, (apart from yesterday after we had been to see the last T20 and got back after midnight...a few black rings under the eyes). Hardly noticed any change here - they still can't wait to get outside once they get home, still looking forward to the weekend. As little one said when asked how it was: 'it's school, isn't it?'
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

neveragain* wrote:It ain't Crypt either! My DS loving school and homework perfectly manageable. Staff lovely - boys friendly and drama, art, music galore. My DS at orchestra with school today and did choir too this week! I feel we made a great choice!

Glad to hear all other DC seem happy too.

PHEW!
Ah, my friend's Crypt boy was just moaning then :)! Glad to hear he's doing well and you feel you've made the right choice.
Crypthopeful

Post by Crypthopeful »

My Crypt boy also having a great time. The amount of homework has been a bit daunting though, although he himself admits that it is worth it!
I'm glad that all our DDs and DSs appear to have settled well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now