Question re Bucks / Herts procedures

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
instantsunshine

Question re Bucks / Herts procedures

Post by instantsunshine »

Hi - thanks first of all to everyone who posts - especially Patricia & Sally-Anne - great tips for home tutoring even though we were a little late off the starting blocks & can't now do all I would have liked. DD2 has just sat Herts 11plus (in my mind very under-prepared but she came out worryingly confident) & will sit Bucks in October half term. As she is currently at a Herts school although we live in Bucks just wondering where she is likely to sit Bucks exams & when we'll find out? Also whilst I know we should put favourite school first on the form etc how does it work if first choice is a Bucks GS & second is a Herts semi-selective school, & third is another Bucks GS, Bucks Upper etc? Do the LAs really liaise or should we put the Bucks schools first then Herts (I suspect not but would appreciate reassurance!) Thanks again (& any advice greatly appreciated). PS Best purely practical tip we've found on this site - ensure DC knows timings of papers & how many questions to expect in each paper so knows to turn over EVERY page including back page.
Sally-Anne

Re: Question re Bucks / Herts procedures

Post by Sally-Anne »

instantsunshine wrote:just wondering where she is likely to sit Bucks exams & when we'll find out?
It will be a Bucks school, but you won't find out until quite close to the test, I'm afraid.
Also whilst I know we should put favourite school first on the form etc how does it work if first choice is a Bucks GS & second is a Herts semi-selective school, & third is another Bucks GS, Bucks Upper etc? Do the LAs really liaise or should we put the Bucks schools first then Herts (I suspect not but would appreciate reassurance!)
Yes, the LAs do liaise, and Bucks/Herts seems to work very smoothly. You should always put the schools in your real order of preference. If that is alternate Bucks/Herts schools it doesn't matter a bit.
instantsunshine

Post by instantsunshine »

Thanks Sally-Anne. :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

We put a Herts School first, DAO, a Barnet School second HBS and a Herts School Third, Clement Danes. There was a drop down box for out of County schools and HBS was listed under Barnet so we simply selected it. That info that we had selected HBS for one of our rankings was passed onto it in exactly the same way with nothing different for placing it first second or third. HBS only knew that it was one of our three rankings. So you can put whatever mix of rankings for Herts and Bucks schools that suits you and none of the schools will know where you have ranked them. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now