Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ivory

Good Luck

Post by ivory »

I am posting to say good luck to everyone sitting the 11 plus next week. My ds sat last year at KEGS and I remember the week leading up to the test like yesterday. He was calm.....I couldn't think of much else. Plan how you will celebrate after the test....we went to Nandos (his choice!). Good luck to you all.
Araucana

Re: Good Luck

Post by Araucana »

I want to wish everyone good luck, calmness and confidence to our children in their ability to do this.

My dd will be sitting next year, hopefully with a view to ChCHS so we will be waiting with baited breath (well I will be anyway) to see how things change this year.

Good luck everyone,

Andrea
mclm

Post by mclm »

Good luck everyone. This last week is tough, but this time next week it will all be over & 'only' 3 weeks until you get the scores. Not sure actually whether the not knowing anything for months (which I thought was cruel) or having 3 weeks torturous wait is worse. At least we could forget about it for a while before !

Anyway, however it goes, best wishes to all your DC. They should all be proud of embarking on this journey & seeing it through.

Fingers crossed for you all next Saturday. Enjoy your post exam celebrations.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Good luck everyone..
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

Good Luck to all the children who are writing their 11+ tomorrow. Wishing everyone all the very best.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Yes good luck to all tmrw. What a journey! Whatever happens they are all amazing. :)
RDDad

Post by RDDad »

Good Luck All!!
hadenoughnow

Post by hadenoughnow »

Good luck to everyone (parents and children!).

Just in case this is helpful to anyone tomorrow - if there was one thing I wish I hadn't done after the exam last year it was to read the thread about how other children had found the different papers. My son came out of the exam distraught and saying that he had completely blown his chance of going to grammar school. His assessment of how difficult each paper was didn't seem to tally with what the thread indicated. A very difficult few months followed (so pleased that you won't have that!) and needless to say he had done much better than he thought he had done and he is now very happy in yr7 at a gs :D . Most children won't have experienced anything like sitting the 11+ even if they have done mock tests and so their interpretation of how they have done may well be a little off track!
toolate

Post by toolate »

Wise words hadenough now. Only problem is I am totally addicted to this site. Will be so hard NOT to check back onto these discussion boards.

My DS has been completely rubbish about predicting his scores, so I am going to try to ignore it all...but inevitably my stomach will lurch when he tells me he skipped half the paper.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

I too would like to wish everyone the very best of luck for tomorrow. It is an extremely hard task for your DC's to undertake and they should be congratulated for sitting the 11+.

Well done and the best of luck.