Autumn TV

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Autumn TV

Post by doodles »

Now that some of us are 11+ free :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are we all going to be watching on the TV this Autumn?

I know some will say that they NEVER watch the TV :shock: - don't know if I totally believe that. I'll admit to being quite excited about the new Downton and Strictly - a bit of costume drama and a bit of sparkle make a nice balance for the weekend. My interest in XFactor will start to wane now the toe curling audition stage is over. DS's are very excited that the new Dr Who has started and we all enjoy the Sunday afternoon rugby.

My conscious viewing does tend to be limited to the weekend as I rarely sit down much before 9pm during the week and I do have a tendency to nod off as soon as my bottom hits the cushion. Hence my midweek viewing is rather hit and miss and I see bits of programmes so tend not to follow anything to much.
Minesatea

Re: Autumn TV

Post by Minesatea »

DD and I love "The Great British bake Off"
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Also a Downton and SCD fan, doodles :D Went to the Strictly tour at the O2 earlier this year which was fab. I also don't get to watch much during the week but my guilty pleasure is Coronation Street - it keeps me in touch with my northern roots :lol: I also love University Challenge (just to balance things a little, intellectually speaking). DS is really into Great British Bake Off so I sometimes catch snippets of that too.
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:I know some will say that they NEVER watch the TV :shock: - don't know if I totally believe that.
I know I am odd. And I won't say NEVER as I do very occasionally, and I did during the Olympics. But almost never. And I really am not a liar, I promise.

Enjoy your viewing though. :D
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Will be watching downton tonight - a friend got married in the location a few years back so we feel 'associated' in some way. DD has been hooked on celeb master chef but that is now over although we haven't watched the final yet. May catch a few SCD but I wouldn't bother to record it. DD thinks she is ready for Dr Who this series but asn't actually watched any yet - she has been enjoying 'goodbye year 6' on CBBC.

I tend to record CSI and NCIS and watch in installments in my lunch break as I work from home. I need a new series of something like Sherlock.
doodles

Post by doodles »

No Amber, I do believe you 'cos you say "occasionally". It is just that I don't know how you can say never and mean never if you do have a TV in the house - question most further and they will admit to the news / university challenge "but they don't count" :lol: :lol: :lol: Well that was my experience with somebody I used to work with anyway :lol: :lol:

DS1 loves GB Bake Off too and I do find Paul Hollywood strangely compelling viewing if I happen to be passing by!
marigold

Post by marigold »

DS and I ADORE the Great British Bake Off and today I discovered from my mother that Mary Berry is an old girl of my school.
Her headmistress retired after I had been there for about three years so effectively we were educated by the same woman . No wonder my first ever attempt a bagels after they made them on the programme a couple of weeks ago was so brilliantly successful, we probably learned to cook in the same cookery room...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is a new series of QI, which I enjoy. My guilty pleasure is "House" but now that it is on Sky I have to wait for the box sets.
scary mum
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Only connect on BBC 3( or 4) and QI are favourites ( don't I sound intellectual!)

Mrs Brown Boys is good also. I didn't think i'd like it, but some episodes are quite touching.

Downton Abbey
zorro

Post by zorro »

So looking forward to Downton - my 15 yr old DS watches it with me , one of the rare occasions he comes out of his room! :roll:
I went to watch the new 'J' series of QI being recorded - Stephen Fry is incredible!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now