couple of questions about saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chelmsford dad

couple of questions about saturday

Post by chelmsford dad »

i have been through this 3 years ago but just wanted to double check some stuff for saturday as i have forgotten with all the stress :oops:

"candidates require pen pencil eraser and ruler" - i know obviously they need a pencil for the vr but do they do the english and maths in pen ? or is that pencil aswell ? would it matter ?

also wanted to double check about whether a protractor is allowed or indeed needed? and whether a timer (not with a calculator obviously but a plain countdown timer) was allowed? from what i remember they are given warnings of time left at certain intervals so i guess you dont really need it (was just trying to recreate the home testing scenario as much as possible)

finally good luck to everyone , this is my second time after a 3 year break and i have it all to go through again in another 3 years - the stress never ends :lol:
SEP18

Re: couple of questions about saturday

Post by SEP18 »

My DS only took pencils, rubber, ruler and protractor in. He did all the papers in pencil. The protractor might be needed in the Maths paper.

I do not think a timer is allowed. Have you tried with a watch? The invigilators will give timed warnings out during the tests.

Good luck for your DC on Saturday.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

DD will have some pencils, a rubber, a ruler and a sharpener. I won't be giving her a pen or a protractor and I really hope she doesn't need to use the sharpener!
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Can't believe we're finally on the home straight now-yippee! Looking forward to going out with our ds Saturday evening for a meal and a glass of wine or two.
Good luck to all dc for Saturday. :wink:
heandart is heart

Post by heandart is heart »

Ditto. All the hard work is about to pay off. Good luck everyone
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now