New Kendrick catchment area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sonasona

New Kendrick catchment area

Post by sonasona »

Was at the Kendrick evening last night and managed to see their new catchment map, looks like 15 mile radius is the limit, highly unlikely to take any girls from outside of Slough to give some idea....looks like Tiffin, langley and Bucks are going to be extra competitive this year. Still, Kendrick catchment remains much more open then any of them!
Reading Mum

Re: New Kendrick catchment area

Post by Reading Mum »

That designated area comes in this year for the first time which is why previous evidence of scores may not apply. Personally I think it's a good thing but that may be because I am local
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I totally agree with you on both accounts as I too am very local :D
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Langley, Tiffin, Slough grammars average 1200+ applicants sitting each of their exams every year, I shudder to think what 'extra competitive' would be. :roll:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Tiffins does 1600 plus. and takes children from a very wide area, even from Bournemoth or Manchester. Their next achievement would be attracting some one from St. Andrew's.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

wow, didn't know that! do Tiffin test everyone on the same day? that would take some organising!
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

sonasona wrote:Was at the Kendrick evening last night and managed to see their new catchment map, looks like 15 mile radius is the limit, highly unlikely to take any girls from outside of Slough to give some idea....looks like Tiffin, langley and Bucks are going to be extra competitive this year. Still, Kendrick catchment remains much more open then any of them!
SL3 (Langley) is part of Slough but it is not part of Kendrick's designated area ....