Help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sendis

Help please

Post by sendis »

My ds couldn’t sleep well last two days. He already had a warm bath before he go to bed, also I’m trying to keep him busy during the day but it’s seems doesn’t help a lot, today he woke up too early and last night twice,crying that he can't sleep. Any tips or ideas will be appreciate.
FluffyD

Re: Help please

Post by FluffyD »

Is it because he is stressed about his exam?
Have you tried some rescue remedies? They worked wonders for my son, (don't care if it was a placebo, the effect was the same!) You can even get it in chewing gum form which is what I gave my DS on his way into the exams then another one for the half time break was popped in his pocket. :wink:
Vic x
marigold

Post by marigold »

I am also a huge believer in the power of the placebo. My son went through a phase of not being able to sleep for a while. I bought Valerian tea from the supermarket and gave it to him in an espresso cup, just in case there was a one in a million chance it did contain some sort of sedative, and he slept like a log after the first cup.

I think children have a lot of trust in their parents and if you make an occasion of the brewing and serving they are confident it will work. You could discretely replace the sleepy tea t- bag with a normal one and still go through the motions if you have any worries about contents.
moved

Post by moved »

My suggestions would be exactly the same. Give a hot drink at bed that 'contains' the magic sleeping draft. We used toffee medicine when my son was small. A toffee dissolved in hot water worked wonders.
sendis

Post by sendis »

Thankyou for your replies .I tried to give him omega 3 capsules. It didn't work .I will try the hot drink today :idea:
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Reading your post got me very emotional. They are yet so little.
DS is the opposite. All he does now is demand playtime as he claims he has worked so hard!
toolate

Post by toolate »

Mine is not little...just bought him brand new jeans Gap age 13 - too small....grrr...wish his brain was growing as fast as his legs..
bravado

Post by bravado »

FluffyD
The Rescue remedy stuff is a good idea but I know that some schools are really "hot" on eating/food in exam halls. I also know that some Essex schools also have strict policies on chewing gum :wink:

Lavender essential oil on the pillow - works every time for our family..a young gentleman might object to what is usually associated with old ladies :lol:

Bless every single one of the children tonight - may they have as much inner peace and calm as humanly possible.
OP - I hope he can get some restful, healing sleep tonight.
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

Do they sell rescue remedy by the tonne - for the DPs??? :lol:
Think wine-o'clock may be slightly earlier tonight...
Good luck all :)
bravado

Post by bravado »

JWMUM wrote:Do they sell rescue remedy by the tonne - for the DPs??? :lol:
Think wine-o'clock may be slightly earlier tonight...
Good luck all :)
The amount I've been using, I reckon I should get a frequent-user loyalty bonus :lol:

I'll be with you in spirit (groan!) with a cyber-quaff,as I don't drink - btw what time is the sun due to go down over the yardarm today? 8)