Old school books!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pumpkin Pie

Old school books!

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

What do I do with all the old school exercise books? I have 2 children (10 and 12) and have kept all their old school exercise books since they started school. I can't bring myself to get rid of them, but now there are just too many. What did you do with your DC's books?
First-timer

Re: Old school books!

Post by First-timer »

Same thing as the Mickey D's toys - wait 'til they forget about them and then put them in the bin! I don't have any of my old school books and have never missed them. :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I have some of my Dad's excercise books bunging up our loft (he's hidden them ther so my mum doesn't chuck them out). He left school in 1945 :lol: :lol:
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

Chuck all except English ones out. With 3 children my loft would be in any even worse state than it is if I kept them all, and it is not all that fascinating to look at pages of calculations my kids got wrong, or stuff copied off the whiteboard in RE. I value much more the stuff they have done at home, and have boxes full of pictures, early writing attempts, notes, notices etc, for which I bought a laminator so I could preserve them. Show the child's character more than school nonsense!
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

We've kept most of them, altogether they take up half a large cupboard. :lol:
bravado

Post by bravado »

I've kept every bit of art and every exercise book..with the exception of reading diaries. :shock: I dislike the concept of reading diaries - reading should be fun. I understand why schools want you to do them but I don't agree with the albatross round your neck that they become. Sorry - *steps off soapbox*
What a shocking hoarder I am! I can't bring myself to the other stuff away but I'm ruthless with everything else!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now