How do you get the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
looleeuk

How do you get the results?

Post by looleeuk »

Hi all,
On the 11+ info letter from the school my daughter is taking the 11+ at it said results would be 13th October but didn't say how we would be getting the results. I'm guessing from what I've read in people's previous posts it's by post, but then I guess they can't guarantee you get it on that day if that's the case? Or is it emailed out?

We're currently out of county though moving to Sleaford, otherwise I would ask her school.

Many thanks.
And good luck for the final hurdle tomorrow!

Lucy
Alex

Re: How do you get the results?

Post by Alex »

They are posted out. When my last two took it we got one letter on the Monday and the other didn't arrive until the Thursday - not helped by the fact that the letter only referred to "your daughter" so we did not know to which one it referred....They were very helpful on the phone though.
looleeuk

Post by looleeuk »

Thanks Alex, wait and see I guess. I hope they don't end up generalising it even more to 'your child' as we'd be in the same situation as you in a few years time :?
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

By post. If they don't arrive, the primary school gets the result. So you could ask current headteacher on the Monday after results are out. (I think schools actually get the results a few days before they are posted!)
JRM

Post by JRM »

We were told this morning that they are posted on Fri Oct 12th aiming to arrive in the Sat 13th Oct post - and that Headteachers get access to them from 3pm on the Friday. I wonder how many head teachers get parents invading their office to try and find out the day earlier? It would at least help us know whether to let your child open the envelope in the morning.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

secondtime wrote:By post. If they don't arrive, the primary school gets the result. So you could ask current headteacher on the Monday after results are out. (I think schools actually get the results a few days before they are posted!)
JRM is correct.

Our local primaries are very reluctant to discuss results directly with parents, even when results are held up in the post - phone the grammar school if results are late, they are usually very helpful.
I think there have been occasions when primaries have had the results after parents. I think it helps to remember it is the grammar schools' test. They run it and it is probably only as a courtesy that they let primaries know the results.
looleeuk

Post by looleeuk »

Many thanks for your replies. We're living out of county at the moment (Hertfordshire) so not sure if our school will be informed - will have to wait and see I guess!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now