Registration question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sabanna

Registration question

Post by Sabanna »

Yes I know, it's amazing I still haven't registered DD2 yet :)

I've been umming and ahhing about registering on the internet, however I'm assuming that if I do that we only get the results by e-mail and have no "proper" letters.

As DD1 loved opening the post when we got them and we have them as a lovely keepsake, I am thinking that it would be nice to do the same for DD2. If however you get letters as well as e-mail for the online registration I might as well go down that route.

Does anyone know what we will receive for either type of registration?
4boysmom

Re: Registration question

Post by 4boysmom »

It was a long time ago my oldest went but I'm sure I applied by internet but ticked a box asking for a letter for the actual results. Could you contact the school where you wish to take the test and ask?
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

The online application form states that you will only receive results by email, but that you should contact the individual school if you wish to be informed in a different way
dams

Post by dams »

We registered online last year and the results were received by e-mails only.
However we received a letter from Pates with a message from Mr. Fenton, as Pates and SHS send letters to the qualified children (I think).
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

We wandered down to Marling and filled in a form that was very helpfully at reception.
We received a letter today confirming the arrangements for the day and that we would receive the results by mail which was what we want. (They have been lovely to keep for Ds1 and we feel that Ds2 wants to be treated the same.)
The only thing is that the letter says that the results will be shared with Marling and Crypt, no mention of the other schools so I think another trip to the school is needed to check that all the schools will share the results.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

I filled in the form and handed it in to reception at Stroud High on Thursday so just waiting for written confirmation from them now.