Transport to Langley Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Alka Sood

Transport to Langley Grammar School

Post by Alka Sood »

PLEASE HELP!! My DD has got in Langley grammar starting 5th Sept 2012. I am looking for a coach / taxi co take her to and from school, I live in Hillingdon on a main road (Long Lane). I am using Paly coaches but they are rubbish in the last 4 days they forgot to take her once and I had to rush her in last minute and on another occasion they came late so all kids on the bus were late to school. Also the driver is constantly swearing :evil: and he starts driving even before the children have sat down and belted themselves in the seat. I am worried sick everyday my dd goes to school. :( :x

Is anyone else going langley grammar way and has any ingformation on how to do it. Any ideas will be appreciated.
scary mum

Re: TRANSPORT TO LANGLEY GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Post by scary mum »

Have you thought of discussing it with the bus company? I'm sure they would want to know.
scary mum
Alka Sood

Post by Alka Sood »

The only number the company gives on the school website is a mobile. When the bus did not arrive on friday till 7.45am I tried ringing the mobile several times but someone kept disconnecting. Later when I tried in the afternoon again the person answered the phone with a "F*** off". I have paid £250 for a deposit and a door to door. But I do not wish to call that number again. I believe it is the owner of the company who has the mobile and answers it.

Last night the driver rang us and said I will not pick from your door you must come to the bus stop. So thats what we did today. But I am not at all Happy about the situation.

Thats why this desperate attempt to find an alternative ....
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

If the company is linked to the school, i.e. on the school website, then speak to the school. That is disgraceful and if the agreement is door to door, then that is what they must do.
Alka Sood

Post by Alka Sood »

If I can find an alternative I think I would prefer that.

If anyone has any names and numbers of coach co to Langley I would sincerely appreciate it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would talk to the school - I assume the transport is nothing to do with the county or school, but they may be able to help you contact the other parents to try & sort this out, or find another company to transfer to. Surely both the school, and other parents, will not want the students traveling with such a dreadful company? Is this the first year this company has been used?
scary mum
Alka Sood

Post by Alka Sood »

I dont know when this company started with LGS but everyone Ive asked only has their number. Appears he is the only one in the area.
Alka Sood

Post by Alka Sood »

A coach co. which does Langley / Slough / Hershels/ St Bernadettes is willing to start a new Mini bus if there can get some more kids. If anyone is interested Please let me know. My dd is on waitlist with 3 coach co.

If we can manage 3-4 kids they are willing to start a new mini bus from Greenford, Northolt, Southall. Hayes Hillingdon area.
Gundumummy

Post by Gundumummy »

I think Air Fenella provide transport to Langley but they dont do door to door. They have pick up points. The number is 02089980614. You may also want to try Olympia Service, 07508322172.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I faced same situation with Paly Coaches. Driver forgot to pick child two weeks back (door to door). This week he did the same. Child reported driver swearing is common. Driver drove off from school without picking all kids and they had to run to get him notice this. Any alternatives are welcome.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now