Latymer School past papers

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tagore

Latymer School past papers

Post by Tagore »

I called the school today and enquired about purchasing their past papers. Unfortunately, they do not sell them outside term time. My main interest is the Literacy paper though I would not mind looking at the Maths as well. If anyone has got the papers and is willing to assist, I would be happy to share in their cost. pls pm.
Tagore

ps - my dc is not applying to this school. I would like her to have a good cross section all the same - hence the interest.
Daogroupie

Re: Latymer School Past Papers

Post by Daogroupie »

They will not let you buy the papers unless you live in the catchment area. Their papers are really good for preparing for DAO, HBS, QE, Habs, St Albans, City NLC etc. Their maths is challenging and there is a mark scheme for their English paper which you can't get from St Albans, HBS or DAO. Habs girls do not release any past papers. DG
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

Thanks for the response DAO. It appears a trifle unfair that they restrict practice material to their catchment area. I must confess that the ady who returned my call did not qualify her statement re. catchment area - she smply said we do not sell papers out of term!
Tagore
Jean.Brodie

Post by Jean.Brodie »

Hi Tagore! Which schools are you applying to?
Tagore

Re: Latymer School past papers

Post by Tagore »

Hi JB
We are trying for, in no particular order, Mill Hill County, Schools in the West Herts Consortium, Henrietta Barnett and HABS.
Hope this helps.
Tagore
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

they are selling the papers now - anyone can walk into their reception and buy the papers - no questions asked. The out-of-catchment rule is for a place in the school & I don't think they post the papers so you need to go there to buy them.
hbsmum1

Post by hbsmum1 »

Hi, This is a request to anyone out there who has last years Latymer Papers as part of the past papers they have bought from Latymer (I am assuming that that the 2011 have been added to their sample past papers).

I was wondering what the stats were (in particular for the maths paper). Latymer normally tell you on the answer page what the mean was and sometimes the standard deviation and range of marks eg 2/50-49/50. I am just wondering out of curiousity. I know someone on the forum asked last year regardingss the 2010 papers so I thought I would enquire about the 2011 papers. Just interested really to see how DD might have compared.
Thanks. Good luck to all those sitting this year for all schools!
Jean.Brodie

Post by Jean.Brodie »

hbsmum1, I have sent you a PM.
intensiveyears

Post by intensiveyears »

I have the 2010 Latymer English paper and wondered if the 2011 one is now included in people purchasing past papers this year. I thought the 2010 comprehension paper was challenging and the questions a little more demanding than the DAO comprehension questions. For that reason keen to practice another one or papers with a similar style, anyone any ideas/views on this. Thanks
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

The 2011 papers are now included in the Latymer paper packs or can be bought individually. The English paper was also challenging in 2011 although was structured slightly differently from 2010. It's possible that they may change it a bit again this year. The passages they use do require a good grasp of English.
hbsmum1 wrote: I was wondering what the stats were (in particular for the maths paper). Latymer normally tell you on the answer page what the mean was and sometimes the standard deviation and range of marks eg 2/50-49/50.
The stats for the 2011 maths paper are:

Marks ranged from 5-49 out of 50, the mean was 32.5 and the standard deviation was 8.9.

Hope that is helpful to you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now