Is anyone else wishing their life away

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sabanna

Is anyone else wishing their life away

Post by Sabanna »

And at my age I really shouldn't as time goes too quickly anyway.

I don't remember feeling quite so apprehensive when DD1 took the test, but I so want to be over and done with it all now and just know where we stand.

If DD2 gets into Pates with her sister we are seriously considering moving closer, so I guess that's why this feels more "important" this time round. Although even if she does get in we may not move as the house needs work before it can be sold.

With DD1 we hadn't even considered Pates until we got the letters and she decided after taking a look round that she felt at home there. DD2 wants to go there too, but understands and accepts that this might not happen (we are also looking at comps as a backup plan to grammar school, as she says Plan B :) )

Sorry to waffle, just need people who may understand how I feel.
stroudydad

Re: Is anyone else wishing their life away

Post by stroudydad »

I am so looking forward to midday on the sixth, Then que sera..
Chelt_Dad

Post by Chelt_Dad »

And then off to TGI Friday's as was the plan with DS1, DS2 reminded us of this the other day even though it was two years ago! Mum and Dad may hit the cocktails early again!
Moominmama

Post by Moominmama »

DS has already decided that he wants a slap up meal at his fav restaurant followed by a late night watching his favourite movie!!!
Me? I can't wait for it all to be over, life back to normal, DS doing all the things that boys his age should be doing rather than me nagging him to do his prep!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I'm feeling really terrible here, my son got nothing special last year apart from being told how proud we were that he wanted to put the effort in with no guarantee of success, and quite honestly Dd will get the same this year.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Yep, remember it well. Last October seems so far away now.

In some ways I found the wait for the results to come in is just as bad (sorry to remind you!). Although, the months waiting for confirmation of school place seemed pretty darned long too. Oh and the wait for ...........! just seems one giant waiting game doesn't it?!! Don't worry, sure all will be fine.

Stroudydad - saying you are proud is so important, especially to ones so young. That will mean so much to them. Fingers crossed all will be OK for you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Yep, remember it well. Last October seems so far away now.

In some ways I found the wait for the results to come in is just as bad (sorry to remind you!). Although, the months waiting for confirmation of school place seemed pretty darned long too. Oh and the wait for ...........! just seems one giant waiting game doesn't it?!! Don't worry, sure all will be fine.
the rehab section tends to get quite busy prior to results day / allocation day etc etc - play all sorts of games..... including "synchronised nail biting" and "spot the postman"!
qip001

Post by qip001 »

I wondered if its me who is so stressed and imaging things....Has anyone thought that the forum is lot quieter this year compared to past years?? Does it mean there are less kids applying or there are more sensible parents this year who do not need to share their thoughts?
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Maybe less neurotic ones like me? Last year I was so so stressed about my DS after an awful few months of illness and family stress. However, he passed and is now very very happy at The Crypt school - thinking of you guys about to go through journey x
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

It definately does seem quieter this year, we can only hope.;-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now