KES touting for business!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nicolajane1971

KES touting for business!!

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Morning everyone,

Postie just arrived with a lovely cream envelope, at first thought I was rather excitable thinking it was the results arriving early and then realised it was a letter from KES touting for business.

Are times that hard, have they sent thousands of letters out to all the parents or just to the hallowed few that performed well or (huge gulp), just to those that haven't performed well! :?

Not that I'm obsessing or anything, somebody put me out of my misery and tell me they tout for business every year!!
moseleymum

Re: KES touting for business!!

Post by moseleymum »

I wouldn't call it touting for business necessarily. The Consortium system has changed, with results arriving early. In previous years, KES results were known before the Grammars and so they had an advantage.

This year, they probably want parents to remember that KES should still be an option and has a huge bursary scheme putting it in the reach of a lot of families. I know lots of people who never even considered KES, thought it too expensive, but when they realised it could be free (after means testing) entered their sons for the exam. A fair number of those children ended up choosing KES over the grammars in the end. We also chose KES over CHB for our son.

I think that the changing system will reduce those applying for KES, kids with the score for the Grammars, which is a real shame as it is such a fantastic school with very very high standards in academic subjects, sports, extracurricular and behaviour.
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

That does make sense, thanks. I shall attempt to stop feeling paranoid, just been having a chuckle over on the Kent forum, they've got it bad there!
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

strange considering that acceptance date of any offers is still the same; the 2 schools are in each others shadow; we rejected an arts biased school (my personal opinion) over a Grammar.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

After previous experience, not getting drawn into this school is better than that, only interested in what suits my individual child. My others are less sporty and more suited to Grammars, if they get in of course :wink:
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

exactly, hence the 'personal'.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

No need to be paranoid nicolajane, they can only contact you if you have shown some interest in the school. Last year I went to the open day and gave my details in the reception area. About 10 days before the closing date for applications they sent me a subtle reminder that I may have forgotten to send them the application.

Yes, they do go all out in terms of presentation - the only other times I have received such envelopes is from solicitors - but it is best to leave that story for another day :lol:

UmSusu
UmSusu
sss

Post by sss »

We had a letter yesterday from KEHS about the open morning tomorrow. We've checked out their video on the website & must say we were impressed.
Can only only get a true impression by visiting so will let anyone who may be interested about what we thought of our visit.
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

We went to the last KEHS open day and I've got to say I loved it!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Oh the 'cream envelope'.. We remember it well... :roll: