Last week before the exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
qip001

Last week before the exam

Post by qip001 »

Hi guys, I am trying to ask myself what to do or not do in these last days we have left before we have to send our babies to this test on October 6th.
trampoline

Re: Last week before the exam

Post by trampoline »

I am sure everyone will have different views on this one but I am thinking, not a lot.

I want my DS to be confident going into the tests so am trying to tell him that he has done all the hard work over the past few months and is ready to go! I think if I start giving him more practice papers or questions it might make him think that I am doubting him or panicking. If I panic, he will panic.

So calm and confident on the outside, sick feeling and hysteria on the inside.
My alcohol consumption will definately exceed the recommended units this week.

Good luck everyone getting through the next 8 days.
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Good luck everyone. Wondered when we should hear from the schools about times and details about taking the test? DS will be taking his test at Pates, but haven't received anything from them since the confirmation e-mails.
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

I am guessing that info will be sent out from schools either today or Monday as the deadline for applications was noon today.

I'm sure they would wait until they know exactly how many have opted to sit the exam in their school before they send out the candidate numbers etc.
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Thanks, Trampoline. That makes perfect sense. :)
Liltas

Post by Liltas »

I was advised by the admissions officer last week at Tommies open evening that once the deadline closed yesterday, they would be looking at everything over the next few days and aim to get letters to parents by about Wednesday 3rd October
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

The website says the letters will be posted to arrive next Tuesday. No mention about email or letters for the results though.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

The results are all going to be posted due to a problem with BT, who apparently cannot guarantee all emails will arrive by monday. All 7 schools are posting out results. What a waste of paper/money/man hours etc. AND even worse we may not get results in post until Monday....
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

purr
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

I too am an advocate of not doing any VR work the week of the test. I went through some do's and dont's with my DS's on the Wednesday before, gave a pep talk about how ready they were etc. Then ensure sleep, good food and non stressing parents ( :? :shock: ). It was the hardest week because I kept thinking "maybe I should just do this..or that?"

Plus please be aware of the horrible feeling than can (not must) ensue for parents post pick up from the test..the questioning of DC, the anti-climax, the feeling of unease. The release of pressure of doing the test is replaced with anxiety about what they actually did in the test and the impending results. I don't say this to freak anyone out, it was just how I and my friends felt afterwards. My DC's carried on as if nothing had happened....oh to be young and care free!!! :D

Best of luck all mums/dads/kids on Saturday!