Slough grammars admission 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Catherine wrote:The system in Slough has changed this year, and Slough Grammar is not part of the Slough grammar consortium anymore.
mum wrote:11+ Admission for 2008 Entry
Herschel Grammar School, Langley Grammar School and
St Bernard�s Catholic Grammar School
Consortium of Grammar Schools

Herschel Grammar School will be working in a new consortium of three grammar schools for the 11+ entry for 2008. The new Consortium will be made up of Herschel Grammar School, Langley Grammar School and St Bernard�s Catholic Grammar School. The 11+ testing procedure will stay the same as in the previous years and it is explained in the information sheet �Advice to Parents� that is posted on this website.

Slough Grammar School will be running independently of the new Consortium of Herschel Grammar School, Langley Grammar School and St Bernard�s Catholic Grammar School. Their tests and procedures will be different and the tests will not be comparable to the 11+ NFER tests of the Consortium. The Consortium of grammar schools will run its own registration form for the 11+ tests. Application must be made separately to Slough Grammar School for registration for 11+ testing.
Use the following link for the details of the new consortium (Herschel, Langley, St Bernard's) admission policy.

http://herschel.slough.digitalbrain.com ... es%202008/

We don't know the details of the admission for Slough Grammar yet.
chad wrote:The most recent information From Slough Grammar is that they will be following the same format of 11+ : VR, NVR & Maths.

The exam will be set by NFER (contra to the statement on the Herschel Grammar website) and will differ only in content from the consortium - not in format. This is because the 11+ for Slough grammar will be held on a different day.

Slough Grammar Open Evening for Year 4&5 students: Tuesday 10th July 2007 5pm-7pm
chad

Post by chad »

Herschel 11+ Information evening

Tuesday 11th September 2007 from 5:45 – 9:00p.m.
mum

Post by mum »

Langley Grammar school:

Open Mornings from 9.30am to 11.00am
Monday Sept 10th Marish, Ryvers, Castleview, Foxborough, Parlaunt Park, Holy Family, St Bernard’s, Langley Manor, Long Close
Wednesday Sept 12th Heathrow, Colnbrook, Pippins, Wraysbury, and any other Slough schools, Iver and Hillingdon Schools
Friday Sept 14th Staines Prep, Datchet, Windsor and Maidenhead area,Hounslow and Ealing schools plus any of the above if they missed out
Wednesday Sept 26th Open to any

Open Evening
Tuesday September 18th 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Headteacher will talk at 7.00pm, 7.30pm, 8.00pm, 8.30pm

Exam date : Thurs Nov 1st (in Slough schools)
Saturday Nov 3rd for all other candidates
mum
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Slough Grammar

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

The 11+ will be taken by internal applicants to Slough Grammer on Saturday 3rd November and to external applicants on Saturday 10th November. The exam will be sat at Slough Grammar.

I believe the format will be NFER just different to the one taken on 1st (internal) and 3rd November (external) by the Grammar School Consortium.

Children in Berks now have 3 chances at the 11+ (Bucks, Consortium and Slough Grammar)!!
Tearing Hair Out Mum
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for the information....Does this mean that the 11+ at Slough Grammar will be taken at a different time to the one set by the consortium..but on the same day? Have you any details on this? I was waiting for the info to be released at the Year 4/5 open evening.
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Slough Grammar

No I think you may have misunderstood.

The consortium 11+ on the Saturday 3/11/07 is for External candidates, if you child is not in a local school then he/she will take the exam on the consortium school of their choice on the Saturday. Local school children (internal applicants) take it on the 1/11/07.

For Slough Grammar this is the same but on the 3/11/07 for internal applicants (ie local children) and the 10 Novemer, the following Saturday for external candidates. This is to ensure that everyone gets a chance at both.

I was given this information from my sons tutor and not from Slough Grammar, in fact they have no information at all on their website about it!

Hope this helps.
Tearing Hair Out Mum
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks to everyone who is adding info here. It's great.

Chad and Tearing Hair Out Mum,

I have split up this topic so that the sticky is kept for concise info, and the other topic 'Slough admissions 2008 discussion' for discussion

Your comments are here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=2956

Hope you don't mind

Catherine
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Slough Grammar

No problem Catherine, I was going off on one anyway.

I did see another post about Open Evenings which gave incorrect dates for the Langley Grammar open days. If I find it I will let you know. The person had listed all the wrong days.

The consortium grammars Langley, Herschel and St Bernard's have all got their open evening dates on them now.
Tearing Hair Out Mum
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Tearing Out mum,

I checked the dates for Langley. The diary on their website is for 2006-2007, with the Open Evening dates for 2006.
http://www.langley-grammar.slough.sch.u ... ry2006.pdf

Did you find any other information somewhere else, Tearing Out Mum?

mum,
Could you please confirm the dates for Langley that you have given us?

Thanks
mum

Post by mum »

http://www.langley-grammar.slough.sch.u ... nEve08.pdf

thats the basis of my info. Its from Langley school's website. I beleive the school's website has the correct info.

thanks,
mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now