Tiffin Girls Second Round Test Type

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MitraniD

Tiffin Girls Second Round Test Type

Post by MitraniD »

Any idea on what the second round tests on English and Maths will be like? Would it be multiple choice for both or standard type papers like the independent schools? Unless I have missed it, Tiffin has not mentioned it anywhere. Why are they keeping the format a secret? They should at least let us know the format.
trisca

Re: Tiffin Girls Second Round Test Type

Post by trisca »

I don't know but they do say on the website that those tests are being marked by staff which seems to indicate they're not (or not all) multiple choice.

Do you feel confident you're dd will get to the stage two test?

I don't know whether to bother doing preparation with my dd or not as the odds of getter through are so low.
MitraniD

Post by MitraniD »

@Trisca - Thanks for the info. Yes, they mention in the website that they will be marked by staff, but just wanted to find out the format.

Cannot say that I am 100% confident with my dd, but she was quite happy after the test..so part of me is trying to think positive too :)
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

I suppose the fact that it is unknown to everybody at least makes it fair. It also discourages / prevents targeted preparation which is also fairer and probably better for the children who have been through a tough month in some cases with other exams.
Generally m/c papers are marked by a mark reader not a person so I would guess from that that it might be an essay / English comprehension and traditional maths questions.
Who knows though - they might try something completely new to separate the top performing candidates.
proudmom

Post by proudmom »

Hi all,
DD got through to stage 2. Could anybody suggest what to prepare for the next round?Their website does not give much info. Any suggestions for DIY appreciated.
Tx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now