Do Warwickshire already have the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ginx

Do Warwickshire already have the results?

Post by ginx »

Do Warwickshire already have the results? If so, why can't we have them? Do schools have the results? I think they do, based on the fact in the past they had them in December when results were out in March.

I hate thinking others know our results before we do - and I'm not sure why we have to wait.
serendippyty

Re: Do Warwickshire already have the results?

Post by serendippyty »

I assume so, I think I read that they aim to get the results returned within a fortnight? I have assumed the heads know now as they always knew the results before us under the old system but I may well be wrong.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Serendippyty,

From previous experience, I am sure the teachers will have the results before us but I don't know if they have them yet.

My dd has been having "issues" at school (I'm sure every dp knows that having "issues" is not a good thing). Her teacher didn't have much to say about my dd.

I don't dare ask anything!
shakey

Post by shakey »

I've read somewhere (?Okanagan) that CEM papers are marked within 2 weeks as a general rule - they're probably standardising all the marks now.
I'm not always sure that the heads get to know the marks before the DPs - so I wouldn't worry about any strange facial expressions from teachers.
Less than 2 weeks to go!!!
ginx

Post by ginx »

shakey,

I'd forgotten about the standardising ... could take a long time ... or not.

In the past the school have known well before the parents.

As I said, I don't like to ask! But if school do know, surely so will others ...
shakey

Post by shakey »

I don't think standardising will take ages - I'm sure it's just feeding raw marks into a computer to generate a sd score (taking into account other variables eg average score of cohort, age of dc, etc etc).
I personally am not worried if teachers know or not. Best just to keep your nerve for the next 2 weeks!
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Hi,
Not wanting to sound stupid !!! When you say schools know do you mean dcs current school, are results generally sent to schools before parents. Ds s school is so anti 11 plus it's proably in the recycling already!!!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Schools usually get the name of the school allocated to pupils several days before parents are informed in March. This is administered by the LEA. Even so, they were never given the score of each child as far as I am aware (my experience is of the Brum system).

I know that in Bucks headteachers might already have the results because they gave some sort of review process where poor test results might be challenged in some way by schools. However,they have a more 'comprehensive' (pardon the pun) grammar system. I don't think it is similar in Warks is it?

I see no reason why schools would be informed of scores.

UmSusu
UmSusu
ginx

Post by ginx »

I hope they don't know, it makes me feel uneasy thinking they do know.

They have been told in the past - but why? Results don't really affect schools at this stage - at the end of the year we get a report telling us not how many passed, just how many pupils went to grammar schools. Which isn't even always a true report, because some pupils passed and went on to independent schools.

I think you may be right and schools don't know.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Schools always have known earlier - they knew several weeks before us in previous years. The headteacher at our school didn't share the info with staff I believe. I don't know whether they will know this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now