Question re Sutton Grammar test on Saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2outof3

Question re Sutton Grammar test on Saturday

Post by 2outof3 »

I know it's a bit late for me to panic now, but the Sutton Grammar website says Saturday's eligibility test will be "a reasoning paper, which will be mostly verbal reasoning, but with some maths questions included." There is also an English paper.

From the description of the reasoning paper, do you think it's safe to assume that there won't be any non-verbal reasoning? I would guess that the maths questions would be along the lines of those routinely found in VR papers as opposed to anything more complicated, but it's all a bit vague in relation to the NVR. If it's just a VR paper, then why not say so, why call it a "reasoning paper."

It's not hugely important as we have covered NVR for another exam, but it would be nice for DS to have a bit more of an idea about what to expect.

Anyone got any more of an idea? :D
tiffinboys

Re: Question re Sutton Grammar test on Saturday

Post by tiffinboys »

Good Luck to your son, 2outof3. If mocks have anything resembling real one, Sutton Mock test included few NVR questions as well, according to my DC.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Thanks tiffinboys,

I suppose it's best to just tell DS just to expect everything and anything and just get on with it! Hopefully there won't be anything on there that he hasn't seen before.......

Good luck to your DS too. :D

At least with Sutton Grammar the results will be with us less than a week after the test (by 11th October) - barely time to blink!
cakemummy

Post by cakemummy »

Hi 2outof3,

My DS sat the entrance exam last year and the VR paper did contain NVR questions.

Good luck to your DS!
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Thanks cakemummy,

We really like Sutton Grammar so hopefully all will go well! :D
cakemummy

Post by cakemummy »

Best of luck 2outof3 - I'm sure your DS will do well :)
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Does any one know how long each section is?
Sutton Grammar have been vague about the exam on Saturday. I know there is a reasoning paper (VR,NVR and maths) and an English paper consisting of Comprehension and grammar, spelling and punctuation. If i am wrong, can anyone correct me please.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now