Anyone else heard about this??
monstermum

Re: New maximum 423 score!

Post by monstermum »

Where did you hear about that?
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

Announced by head at Judd open evening tonight... Stated that it should not have any bearing on the school's cut off score but presumably introduced by KCC due to need to differentiate between so many high scoring DSs?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

nothing to get excited about, it's just a normal curve and x standard deviations, the top x percent are still the x top percent
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Why the need to differentiate between the highest scoring if all will get into a superselective or is my 'aaarrgghh when are the results coming' brain missing the point? Why would a head mentioned it to a select audience at that particular open evening? Should it not be announced officially by KCC?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Will be interesting to see if it is mentioned at the Skinners' open evening tomorrow.

Surely this information should be on the KCC website and not just announced to the relatively few who attend an open evening. However, perhaps it is relevant for 2013 takers and not 2012 takers - there will have been a lot of current Y5's there - I don't know what was said as I wasn't there.

Surely it won't affect DC's who've just taken the exam because by the time the results have been "twiddled" the top x% are still the top x% - or am I just being completely dumb.
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

I also heard this at Judd tonight. The HT said he had received an email from KCC this afternoon. He said that standarisation fluctuates year on year (apparently Bexley is known for this? but I have no idea as I am not in the area) so he was not surprised there had been a change for the Kent Test.

So, this year's max score in each paper is 141 giving a total of 423 max.

This applies to 2013 starters ie those who sat the test in Sep 2012 (and presumbably for 2014 entrants unless KCC advise otherwise).

I dont think this changes anything. But some of those who would have got 420 will now get 421 422 or 423. The top 21% wont change.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

standardisation fluctuates year on year because it uses that year's data...
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Is this one of the results from that Kent test review that started in the Spring I wonder? :? I was at a meeting today with a ht today and they said that the top score had increased to over 420. If this applies to this year group can anyone with a better functioning brain than mine tonight hazard a guess if this would mean a hike (or twizzle :wink: ) in the pass rate for each paper ?
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

But shouldn't this be announced by KCC
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now