Kendrick 2012 tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sonasona

Kendrick 2012 tests

Post by sonasona »

Something has been bothering me over the last few days which up until now I've kept to myself.....After the test Dd happened to mention that there were at least 3 question types that appear regularly in most practice VR papers that did not appear in the Kendrick papers. In fact, a lot of effort went into preparing for those types as we'd see them in most commercially available papers.

Now, I'm not going to mention which 3 types they were that were omitted because that would be wrong anytime before next year, but I've got this awful feeling Dd may have left out a page or two in the test :(

Am I just being paranoid? Or could it be because Kendrick VR is so broad, they simply don't fit in all types each year?
stevew61

Re: Kendrick 2012 tests

Post by stevew61 »

sonasona wrote:Am I just being paranoid? Or could it be because Kendrick VR is so broad, they simply don't fit in all types each year?
I think we are all suffering from an excess of navel gazing and in danger of going mad. :lol:

We don't know for sure but guess that Kendrick (nfer standard) use something like the 35 Susan Daughtrey types with a few variations. As there will be about 14 blocks of 7 questions plus a few odd questions to make the 100, then yes it is quite possible that common types did not come up. And so unlikely that your DD has missed a page. :)

This forum has a whole section Rehab devoted to post exam stress disorder, with a very long running thread Hotel California, you might want to check in. :lol:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =43&t=1811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

My DD reported that her two least favourite types did not come up. :D I'd got her in the habit of checking question numbers when she turned the page and she checked at the end too.
Essentially they can't use every type in every test and I know of a number if people who said there were types they hadn't seen before.

Don't panic.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

My DD also mentioned that there was a type she had only ever seen on one practice paper and that we had not covered. When questioned she couldn't remember what it was - not that I would say on here anyway :D
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

my DD mentioned that Kendrick paper is easier than Tiffin and Slough consortium papers
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

thats good to hear harrow123!

do you reside in an area where you are in all 3 catchments and can pick and choose your grammer school?
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

sonasona wrote:thats good to hear harrow123!

do you reside in an area where you are in all 3 catchments and can pick and choose your grammer school?
we are in langley, not in catchment to kendrick