When do we get the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twinmum2001

When do we get the results?

Post by twinmum2001 »

Plymouth CC say that we will be 'sent the results on 5th October'...

But I have had some one tell me this is not true- the school receives them on the 5th...then they have a panel meeting etc etc. don't expect them to about 10th/11th!!!

Been working towards the 5th October for weeks- does anyone know when we should expect the results?

Thanks....
nezumi

Re: When do we get the results?

Post by nezumi »

I just logged on to ask the same thing!

I have no idea. I thought it was tomorrow as well, but I would also expect the schools to know before us so hmm.
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

I just called Plymouth CC - they were sent out first class YESTERDAY (Thursday) so we will receive them today.

Good luck everyone!
zoorooms

Post by zoorooms »

The whole system is a farce. My daughter pretty much achieved what she achieved in the mock, i.e. 213 this time round as opposed to 217 in the mock. The lowest score in the mock and the actual was 138, but the highest score has moved from 243 to 263. So where does this leave us for the next 6 months?

This system of reporting is so rubbish because unless you've scored the lowest or highest score, you have no idea where you stand. In fact, those people are the only people who can actually use the suggesttion from Plymouth City Council which suggests, "This may help you to decide which school to apply for"... no it won't it is a meaningless result that tells us nothing, just confuses. I suggest as many people as possible who sat at Devonport of Plymouth High publish there results to give a flavour of where we are at and circumvent the Council useless system. Some people will know what they are doing (i.e. those with the highest and lowest marks) for the rest of us it is sheer frustration.
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

zoorooms wrote:The whole system is a farce. My daughter pretty much achieved what she achieved in the mock, i.e. 213 this time round as opposed to 217 in the mock. The lowest score in the mock and the actual was 138, but the highest score has moved from 243 to 263. So where does this leave us for the next 6 months?

This system of reporting is so rubbish because unless you've scored the lowest or highest score, you have no idea where you stand. In fact, those people are the only people who can actually use the suggesttion from Plymouth City Council which suggests, "This may help you to decide which school to apply for"... no it won't it is a meaningless result that tells us nothing, just confuses. I suggest as many people as possible who sat at Devonport of Plymouth High publish there results to give a flavour of where we are at and circumvent the Council useless system. Some people will know what they are doing (i.e. those with the highest and lowest marks) for the rest of us it is sheer frustration.

Hi...I take it you've had the post? I'm still waiting. My DS never took the mock because I knew it would stress him out, so I have no idea how the results are given. The number you have quoted, 213, is that what comes on today's results paper and if so, do you know what the pass mark is? Sorry if I sound a little stupid!
zoorooms

Post by zoorooms »

No that is it, the full letter goes like this,

This may help you to decide which schools to apply for,

Test 1 score 99
Test 2 score 114
Total 213

The highest score attained was 263 the lowest score was 138.

That is it!!!!
twinmum2001

Post by twinmum2001 »

The boys system is somewhat different (we are led to believe!) where when we finally get the results through the post it will literally tell us either an A or B. A supposedly entitles you to apply for a place at DHSB, a B does not.

We have had our post and no letter(s) from school arrived...
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

zoorooms wrote:No that is it, the full letter goes like this,

This may help you to decide which schools to apply for,

Test 1 score 99
Test 2 score 114
Total 213

The highest score attained was 263 the lowest score was 138.

That is it!!!!
Oh I see, thanks for that. Not very clear is it? So I suppose we put our choices down and hope for the best for the next 6 months. Torture.
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

Grrr the post has been but no letter. Waited in all morning making myself sick!!

Was hoping to have the result and to have a think about it while my son was at school, no doubt it will come tomorrow now.
Anna10

Post by Anna10 »

you can call the council for the results if the postie doesn't bring them today...Ive had to do that tel:307469
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now