Cheltenham Literature Festival

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ginnie71

Cheltenham Literature Festival

Post by Ginnie71 »

I am meeting my DH up in Cheltenham next Saturday but I've just discovered it's the Literature Festival! :oops: Can anyone tell me: will it be a nightmare to park/ totally packed?
capers123

Re: Cheltenham Literature Festival

Post by capers123 »

Yesterday I had to go in with DD1 - meetings friend attending the festival. We parked at Sandford Lido - that's at the back of the hospital. There's a footpath from the southwest corner of the car park past St James church towards town, or cut through the hospital, walk along College Rd, turn right along Bath Rd, then it depends which bit of Cheltenham you're meeting in.

Incidentally, I saw that The Famous clothing store building is up for sale. Are they closing down or moving?
Capers
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginnie71

Post by Ginnie71 »

Fantastic - thanks so much for that info!
Amber

Post by Amber »

It does get busy and 'buzzy' - it's nice. If you want to go out for dinner at night I should book. I go to events every year and always manage to park.

The (In)famous owns the franchise to the rather good Intersport shop a few doors down. They have sold the current premises and are taking over Intersport, rendering the current staff unemployed. Goodness knows how they will fit all that stuff in there - it is about half the size. There will be queues out of the door instead. Thank goodness I never need to go in that place ever again! Sorry to see Intersport go though.
cheltdad

Post by cheltdad »

I heard the men's stuff was going and it was schoolteacher only, as you say the Intersport shop will be a loss although I can recommend Ideal Sports behind the Range as very good and helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now