How many sat the test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Glossymum

How many sat the test

Post by Glossymum »

Does anyone have any idea how many sat the test this year and how that compared to last year?
EmeraldE

Re: How many sat the test

Post by EmeraldE »

Are you hopping on boarding the 'Statistical train?'
I worked out a few years ago that it would be about 1 in 3.5 who would be offered a place.
This year I have no idea but it is a low birth year apparently so that helps :D
Ditsy

Post by Ditsy »

The admissions officer at STRS told me over 2000 registered this year with about 5200 results to be shared between schools. She also said last year two thirds who sat the test at Tommies failed so they were able to go down to 210 at offer, basically all boys who passed got a place.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Ditsy wrote:The admissions officer at STRS told me over 2000 registered this year with about 5200 results to be shared between schools. She also said last year two thirds who sat the test at Tommies failed so they were able to go down to 210 at offer, basically all boys who passed got a place.
'Failed' is not absolute, of course. The numbers 'passing' and 'failing' are determined by the spread of scores and the numbers achieving them. The aim would always be to ensure that all who reached a qualifying score were offered a place at the school of their choice. The knock-on from the refinement in scores which led to all over 210 being offered places at STRS last year was that Crypt was undersubscribed.
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

One of the invigilators said that there were over 500 at Pates on Saturday. Wonder what info we could get and how quickly under the freedom of information Act? Does this Act cover this type of thing?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Heard this evening that 220 sat at marling, but have no evidence of this
Glossymum

Post by Glossymum »

That doesn't seem too bad, as I think they expect that those children will be the ones that are likely to have that school as their first choice.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

You can't rely on that though, with all the sharing that goes on it could be any number
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Weekly news update from Mr Ellicott at Pate's confirmed more than 500 children sat it there. That doesn't sound radically different from last year, but with even more encouragement to share results between all the schools I think the statistics are still pretty hard to read.

Thinking of you all as you wait the long wait! :shock:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Glparent wrote:Weekly news update from Mr Ellicott at Pate's confirmed more than 500 children sat it there. That doesn't sound radically different from last year, but with even more encouragement to share results between all the schools I think the statistics are still pretty hard to read.

Thinking of you all as you wait the long wait! :shock:
Same update from Mr Ellicott claimed the royal visitor enjoyed himself. According to the kids I spoke to, the evidence on his face suggested otherwise. Moral- don't necessarily believe what you read in HT updates. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now