Why so cagey?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlebaker

Why so cagey?

Post by littlebaker »

Just out of interest I'd quite like to compare the GCSE and A level results for my local "outstanding" comp with those of the GS's. Log on, take a look at SHS, Marling, Pates no problem. GHSG and STRS and my local comp not quite so straightforward. To quote the comp "it's not something we hand out to parents" :shock: , not very helpful for us prospective parents! Same confusion from GHSG and STRS, very surprised I wanted to see them at all! GHSG have out of date results on their website from 2009 and 2010 but nothing more recent and STRS have nothing since last year and, after a quick call, nothing for this year to give to me. I just thought as they're considered such good schools they'd all be shouting their results from the rooftops and publishing them at every opportunity.
littlebaker

Re: Why so cagey?

Post by littlebaker »

And in case I didn't explain properly I mean compare the results for each subject by grade not the usual vague "didn't we do well getting such and such % passes A*-C overall".
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

By GHSG do you mean Denmark Road? Certainly the latter gave out its results at the open day, but not seen them anywhere else yet. We have them anyway, and for Ribston. I wonder if Tommies handed them out at their open days too?
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Hi fairweathergardener, yes I was abbreviating Gloucester High School for Girls, sorry to confuse anyone. We're out of county and a year early for the open days so won't go till next Sept. I would just have liked to see the results, seems even stranger that I can't if they were freely available at the open days. I called both HSG and STRS and neither could give me anything by email or post.
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

I'll pm you with HSG that I've documented.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Can't really help other than to say that this link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/le ... mance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gives an idea of performances of both grammar and comps in the area. Limited info but may be of interest.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Thanks fairweather, I've pm'd you back.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

The GCSE and A level results are in the Information part of the prospectus for STRS and Crypt
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Is the information in STRS's prospectus broken down by subject and grade as it is on their website for last year? If so it makes no sense that they told me over the phone that the information for this years' results wasn't available. Maybe I'll call them again and explain I simply want the breakdown that's in the prospectus. Didn't realise it would be so hard to get something so simple. I thought I was quite clear when I rang last time but maybe I got the wrong person. Must try harder :lol:
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

The results in the STRS prospectus are for 2011/2012 Yr 13 A level, yr12 AS level and Yr11 GCSE results broken down by subject and grade.
Crypt includes GCSE and A2 grades and also include Keystage 3 NC levels by subject
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now