really worried

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bati

really worried

Post by Bati »

Just spoken to dd primary school and they have said that they have still not received the results :shock:
i am now panicking that if dd has failed the 11+ then they will miss the dead line for being able to do a head teachers appeal
what should i do - should i phone lea and tell them school have not received her results. We are out of area and school dont really know how it is all working this year.
Do you think they are just telling me they haven't received them because they are not aloud to tell us the results
frantic!

Re: really worried

Post by frantic! »

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the headteacher can appeal at this stage. I believe that the borderline cases would have already been referred to the headteachers for discussion at a meeting in September. Once the parent has the result, you can appeal, but the headteacher cannot get involved apart from providing you with evidence of the standard of the child's work.
wirralmum101

Post by wirralmum101 »

Hi

We are in wirral and heard from Head Teacher yesterday that they hadn't seen the results yet - so the whole system is probably waiting for them, if that's of any consolation,

As I understand it from our Head - they will intervene and appeal on behalf of really obvious "miscarriages", for instance where they knew a child was ill on the day or a really high performing child has missed by one mark (or so) and they ask for the result to be reconsidered - and that appeal process is yet to be done for our school anyway.

The full appeal process is down to us as parents to pursue after we have the results on the 21st October if our child has failed and we can put a case together as to why think they should have passed.
Bati

Post by Bati »

this is what i was told and that the head teachers get involved if they think a child should have passed and didnt - they sent off supporting evidence which is seen by a panel who can then change a fail into a pass - however this is all ment to be done before we get the results
so if the primary schools have not got the results how will they be able to send of information on children and the panel meet all before we get the results in 10 days
wirralmum101

Post by wirralmum101 »

Im assuming (and that might be a mistake :D ) that the process is going on this week - just our school might be at the back end of it??

What I do know is I'll be glad when this month is over!!
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

Hi my ds head teacher said that they get sent the results the same day as we do
Bati

Post by Bati »

i thought all the children refered would all be discussed in one day by the same panel as some of the panel is head teachers from out of county
Bati

Post by Bati »

tuderblue if you go onto wirral grammar girls school website, then into admission, click full discription of the process - read from 4.6
in 4.8 it clearly says the board meets before parents get the results - this board is after primary schools are given the results
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bati - it may be different for out of area schools - does your school have many taking the wirral test?
Bati

Post by Bati »

no only 3 girls - no boys
i am wondering if i should phone and ask the Lea if it is done differently for out of area children
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now