SIF

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watford

SIF

Post by watford »

Dear All,

Do any other documents need to be handed in with SIFs for example I have heard some schools may need a birth certificate - sounds strange to me as to why this would be needed?

Many thanks
AlisonR

Re: SIF

Post by AlisonR »

It will depend on which school you are applying to as to whether you need additional documentation.
You'll need to check with admissions for each of the schools you intend to apply to.

Alison
watford

Post by watford »

Thank you

Does anyone know what docs are required for WGSB and WGSG?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I believe you only need to complete their SIF and post it to them. There is no additional documentation required for either of the Watford Grammar schools.

Alison
watford

Post by watford »

Thank you very much.

However I just managed to get through to both Grammars and they are asking for the following with the SIF;

Car reg
Utility bill
Council Tax Bill
Driving Licence

I have lived at the same address for the last 4 years.

Nothing is stated on the SIF.

Any ideas?
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

i picked up the sif last night from WGGS dont recall seeing any requests for that information,
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Sorry no, you are one step ahead of me now.

Alison
Hera

Post by Hera »

Well if that is the case they will not be getting the information listed above with their SIFs as it states that nowhere on the websites or any where else for any of the schools. I imagine the person you spoke to made a mistake. Maybe they request this once they have made offers to verify addresses?
watford

Post by watford »

Thanks Bel

Seems strange as I thought they would be verifying addresses before places are allocated.

Whole process is not clear. Someone I know said that the council did a 'spot check' on them last year and asked for all this info. I would have thought it was the schools they were applying to that would have done this rather than the council.
thumbelina

Post by thumbelina »

thank you very much.

However I just managed to get through to both Grammars and they are asking for the following with the SIF;

Car reg
Utility bill
Council Tax Bill
Driving Licence

I have lived at the same address for the last 4 years.

Nothing is stated on the SIF.

Any ideas?
maybe the schools are not turning a blind eye....its a step closer to catching the short term renters who parachute in and then return to their original homes soon after allocation day. maybe i got it wrong. maybe the schools do check. good for them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now