Familiarisation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MelX

Familiarisation

Post by MelX »

Hello there everyone

Can anyone tell me whether the primary schools in Bucks do the familarisation packs in school. My daughter will be moving to a primary school here in September. In our current school in Burnham the teachers take the kids through the packs in school.

Thanks

Melx

ps

Hi there Catherine and Patricia I am glad to see you are both frequenting this site as am sure I will be bending your ears over the next few months
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Mel,

Yes, all the schools in Bucks do the familiarisation pack.

It's nice to hear from you. I thought that you were already living in Bucks, so I must be confused!

Is your daughter starting y5 in September?

Catherine
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It's a Mel Mystery Challenge for us to solve, Catherine. :D

There is MelW, who is registered, posted a few times last Autumn and came back a couple of weeks ago;
Mel X who is registered, and is Bucks/Berks border;
MelX (a.k.a. Melx) who has posted as a guest, and could be the same as Mel X;
and (just) Mel, also registered, who posted on Bucks last year.

I fully expect to discover that Bucks is populated entirely by Mels when I venture out of my front door in a few minutes time!

:lol:
Sally-Anne
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sally-Anne, a first attempt to solve the mystery:

There was 2 Mels in autumn 2005
Mel With A Daughter
Mel With A Son

Mel With A Daughter registered as Mel
Mel With a Son registered as Mel X, but also sometimes posts as guest under melx
Both have chidren who took the 2005 test

MelW joined the forum later on. Her son will take the 2007 test.
MelW

Post by MelW »

Well done catherine!! I am MelW and indeed have a son taking the test this Autumn. I am very impressed.
Road Runner

It's me!!

Post by Road Runner »

Hello Catherine, Sally-Ann, MelW

Yes it is me

I can clarify I am Mel X with son who passsed last year and yes do live in Bucks but my daughther had remained in slough/burnham border school. When I first joined the Forum in 2005 I was just plain old Mel but then low and behold another Mel came along which meant much confusion(and who needs that on top of every thing else) so I added the X(big X factor fan) but often forget to post name.

Haven't been around for some time, busy with work etc and to be honest way back then I did haveto prize myself off the addiction of this forum gradually as family felt I was becoming somewhat reliant on it. Don't know why was only posting 20-50 times a day, did do the occasional work around it and well an untidy house is somewhat easier as it stops one from moaning at children to keep it tidy!!! Oh yes and when you do finally do the baskets full of ironing it's alot more gratifying.

Anyway I am back on now. Selfish reasons I guess as my baby, bless her is going into year 5 and moving to more local school so no doubt next year will start a 'DIY' campaigne.

So thats that cleared up, I am Mel X melx and mel and to be honest thats not even my real name(parents felt need to give me very old fashioned name that I hated) but hey lets not go there.

Off out for a run now but will tune in later.

TTFN

MelX

or maybe I may it change anyway x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well, glad that seems to have sorted itself out courtesy of the real Mels. Or most of them.

The only thing that's worrying me is that I went over the border into Herts shortly after I posted earlier. In a very large well-known stationery store I glanced at the assistant's name badge and it said ... "Mel". :shock:

Off to check the complete works of John Wyndham ... :lol:

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now