PLEASE HELP! WILL MY DAUGHTER GET IN TO QMHS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thetford

PLEASE HELP! WILL MY DAUGHTER GET IN TO QMHS?

Post by thetford »

SHE HAS A RANK OF 203 AND WE ARE TOLD THAT LAST YEAR THE 268 RANKED CHILD GOT A PLACE. WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER FROM WGHS THAT SAYS THAT SHE IS RANKED 158 AND LAST YEAR RANK 146 PLACED CHILD WAS OFFERED A PLACE INITIALLY. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM.

i)SHE HAS A DIFFERENT RANK FOR BOTH SCHOOLS-HIGHER FOR WOLVERHAMPTON BUT IS SHE MORE LIKELY TO GET A PLACE IN WALSALL? HOW DOES THAT WORK?

ii)HOW WILL THE NEW SYSTEM IMPACT ON RANKING AND THE LIKELIHOOD OF A PLACE? AS THERE ARE 112 PLACES IN WALSALL DOES THAT MEAN ROUGHLY 90 GIRLS WILL HAVE TO DECLINE A PLACE FOR MINE TO GET IN?

iii) IS SHE MORE LIKELY TO GET A PLACE IF WEPUT WALSALL FIRST AS OPPOSED TO SAY SECOND OR THIRD?

thanks ,
STRESSED & SLEEPLESS
Booklady

Re: PLEASE HELP! WILL MY DAUGHTER GET IN TO QMHS?

Post by Booklady »

I can't help with the question - but can I suggest you edit your post into lowercase letters? Capitals like this as seen as shouting on emails/ forums - and it also makes it pretty difficult to read! :wink: You may get more response then. :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

thetford wrote:SHE HAS A RANK OF 203 AND WE ARE TOLD THAT LAST YEAR THE 268 RANKED CHILD GOT A PLACE. WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER FROM WGHS THAT SAYS THAT SHE IS RANKED 158 AND LAST YEAR RANK 146 PLACED CHILD WAS OFFERED A PLACE INITIALLY. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM.

i)SHE HAS A DIFFERENT RANK FOR BOTH SCHOOLS-HIGHER FOR WOLVERHAMPTON BUT IS SHE MORE LIKELY TO GET A PLACE IN WALSALL? HOW DOES THAT WORK?
Presumably different number of girls applying to each? Also more places available at one of the schools - sorry not clear from your question which is which

ii)HOW WILL THE NEW SYSTEM IMPACT ON RANKING AND THE LIKELIHOOD OF A PLACE? AS THERE ARE 112 PLACES IN WALSALL DOES THAT MEAN ROUGHLY 90 GIRLS WILL HAVE TO DECLINE A PLACE FOR MINE TO GET IN?
like you many people will have their eyes on more than one school. including Newport , KEF, KEHS etc - each girls can only go to one school next year so many places will be disregarded - clearly what has happened in previous years

iii) IS SHE MORE LIKELY TO GET A PLACE IF WEPUT WALSALL FIRST AS OPPOSED TO SAY SECOND OR THIRD?
still not clear which is walsall - is that the 203? - It makes no difference where you put a school on the CAF - the school don;t know, they don;t get sent a list of people who put them first - just a list of all those who have put them somewhere - you MUST put the school you want first and not a safety net school first as that is what you will get - where do you want her to go?

thanks ,
STRESSED & SLEEPLESS
vza

Post by vza »

Hi Thetford,
SHE HAS A RANK OF 203 AND WE ARE TOLD THAT LAST YEAR THE 268 RANKED CHILD GOT A PLACE.
If all other factors (number of applicants and their order of preferences ) are similar to the last year, this mean that your DD will be offered a place at QMHS-G.
WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER FROM WGHS THAT SAYS THAT SHE IS RANKED 158 AND LAST YEAR RANK 146.
Again, if all other factors are similar to the last year, this means that your dd might be offered a place at the initial stage. However, if no offer at the initial stage, she will be 12th on the waiting list.

VZA
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

I would say your DD will almost certainly get a place into QM. Also very good chance that she might get into WG, as schools are offering more places ths year. Dont worry too much, you wld be fine.
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

Each school will have a different ranking bcs the ranking is NOT out of all applicants who took the consortium test, rather OUT OF APPLICANTS WHO TICKED FOR THAT SCHOOL.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now