score required for Ribston ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
water rat

score required for Ribston ?

Post by water rat »

Hi
Just received my DD's results. Not quite as good as we were hoping, but still achieved 215 for Ribston. Does anyone know from previous years if this is likely to be enough ?
Thanks
Rattie
Amber

Re: score required for Ribston ?

Post by Amber »

Am I right in thinking 210 is the pass mark for Ribston? If so, then in previous years you would have got in with anything over and including that mark. In fact Ribston has been undersubscribed in one or 2 recent years so I think even some candidates with lower marks got in on appeal. Of course, as schools become more or less popular, this can change, and I gather Ribston is being chosen over HSFG much more often than it used to as it becomes more popular. But I would still be pretty confident if I were you. :D
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

hi Water Rat,
Anxious times but I think you can be happy and relaxed with 215. This has always been enough before. Put Ribston first on your CAF then forget it til March. Well done to little Water Rat!
water rat

Post by water rat »

Thanks,
Trying to be calm, and did not think I would be feeling like this, but its not easy!
Little Rattie is happy and blissfully unaware of how we feel. And that's how I intend to keep her.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

water rat wrote:Hi
Just received my DD's results. Not quite as good as we were hoping, but still achieved 215 for Ribston. Does anyone know from previous years if this is likely to be enough ?
Thanks
Rattie
DD accepted for Ribston last year with 214 so I don't think you will have any problems. Ribston is a really lovely and caring school. I have to say that I had hoped for Denmark, even though my daughter really wasn't keen. I think in retrospect she wouldn't have thrived at Denmark as she is intelligent but not really academic, so what would be the point in struggling in school? She was so happy to have passed for Ribston and we haven't looked back. Wonderful school. Can definately recommend.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Have to agree Ribston is the right school for my DD who I would say is pretty academic but also enjoys drama, dance and art. She has made a really good start at the school.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Although I have no real experience of ribston I was very impressed this week when I tweeted the school asking about result emails, within a very short time I had a phone call to confirm the arrangements, they had obviously taken the time to find daughters records and my mobile number. Only something small but a positive sign.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Yes I am very happy with Ribston too and that is after 3 years too. Very good all round education with lots of fun and practical experiences too. I have experience of both girls grammars so if anyone wants more info I am happy to PM.
bobbym

Post by bobbym »

Anyone else from Nailsworth/Stroud area considering Ribston?
vanla5

Post by vanla5 »

Hi Water Rat,

My DD also scored 215 for Ribston. She is very excited about next year and we, her family, are delighted and very proud of her achievement, especially since she only really started her preparation in July and without a private tutor! Our DD worked extremely hard without any fuss throughout the summer and I believe that, although she liked HSFG equally, Ribston has been the best result for her and that all comments I have seen on this forum concerning Ribston confirm this. I feel confident, based on information on this forum, that she has done enough to secure a place, but of course we remain on tenterhooks until March.

Well done to your DD, too :D .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now