11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Billy1

11 plus results

Post by Billy1 »

So wish i had found this site before the exam!! Unfortunatley our child hasn't passed the exam. We called the school to find out what the score was and they have refused to tell us. Is this normal? Is it legal?? I was under the impression that a parent is entitled to view all records held by school, or am I wrong.
Please help!!
hermanmunster

Re: 11 plus results

Post by hermanmunster »

Which area are you in Billy ? Might get some more help from people in the know !
Billy1

Post by Billy1 »

we are in Lincolnshire
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'll move the thread to the Lincs bit of the forum. Which school did you call for the results? Was there no mention of a figure on the notification?
Billy1

Post by Billy1 »

No figure mentioned, they actually told me there is no way I will find out the score unless I went to appeal which we don't want to do. It would be nice just to know how far off the mark we were. The school is Caistor.
Thanks for moving post!
won2appeals

Post by won2appeals »

Hi

You must call your primary school and say that you wish to speak to head about appeal.

The head should then tell you score maybe best leaving it couple of days as
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Agreed call and say you need to know as you are considering appealing and you cannot decide without this information
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

I'm not in the Caistor area - but do know that only some grammars in Lincs give out scores. Our local school doesn't and is most unhappy if the primaries do, but another local grammar is quite happy to give out the scores if you ring and it has access to the whole consortium's scores! The system is a muddle.

Caistor is not part of the consortium and therefore if they don't want you to have the score it may be difficult to get it. If you want to appeal I would imagine you can get the score, but it might only be in the Spring when appeals are lodged. If you are not going to appeal I would just forget it - what use will it be? An 11+ score does not give an accurate assessment of ability.
Billy1

Post by Billy1 »

Thanks for all your replies. Will speak to our head teacher and will let you know how we get on.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Caistor are a bit of a law unto themselves. I am not sure about whether you have any "right" to exam results - certain aspects of examinations are exempted from the Data Protection Act which is the one that matters for getting personal information but I don't know if this includes the score.

I think that the School Admissions Department must be in possession of the actual scores as they have to oversee the ranking of children for offers and ensure that it is correct so you could try them?

It does seem a bit strange that a school that ranks on score order as part of its admissions policy does not give the information to parents. It seems to me that if you are going to write letters with a strong indication of whether you are likely to get a place you might as well just give out the scores and publish the scores which would have gained admission over the past few years.

Some people certainly do seem to get hold of their scores one way or another - perhaps someone who has managed this might let you know how they did it...?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now