BGS from Bromley? Advice appreciated!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hopeful2002

BGS from Bromley? Advice appreciated!

Post by Hopeful2002 »

Hi all,

I am completely new to this! Firstly, congratulations to all of you who have survived the nightmare that is the 11+ until now and well done to parents and children alike!

We're very lucky that DD managed to get into the Top 180 for Bexley and we're visiting all the schools this week (Townley this evening - very excited!). On paper, we both really like BGS - this, of course, might change after we've visited them - but I just wondered if anybody on the forum knows of anybody that travels to BGS from Bromley and, if so, how difficult it is? We may well move if we go for BGS and it's impossible from where we are, so it would also be helpful to know where people tend to travel from...of course, we'd be happy with any Bexley school but I figure we might as well think about which are our options, practically.

Thanks to all in advance :)
Athena

Re: BGS from Bromley? Advice appreciated!

Post by Athena »

I don't think there is any direct bus route to BGS from Bromley. As far as I am aware the only Bexley School with a direct bus route from Bromley is Chis n' Sid.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

And Townley. The 269 which goes to C&S carries on to Townley (I think!).
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hi Hopeful,

For BGS , your dd will need to take two buses , the 269 from Bromley North to Bexleyheath and then another bus to welling...486 , 89 . There are a number of buses going down to welling . From Bromley, it would make sense to go for Chis and Sid or Townley . Both are great schools !
Athena

Post by Athena »

Do also bear in mind that the journey to Bexleyheath from Bromley takes about an hour by bus, depending on where in Bromley you catch the bus from.
Hopeful2002

Post by Hopeful2002 »

Thanks so much for all the replies! I see that it's difficult. I think the only way we could go for BGS is if we moved...we liked Townley last night anyway so might just go for that!

Thanks again all!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now