KEGS Results : Good News!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

KEGS Results : Good News!

Post by UmSusu »

No I don't get my post this early! Just couldn't sleep and thought I would start a thread for those that do. I have started a separate thread for the not-so-good or confusing news. I still have no idea which one I will be posting on but it stops all the posts becoming so confusing.

Good Luck!
UmSusu
UmSusu

Re: KEGS Results : Good News!

Post by UmSusu »

Well let's hope for cries of joy then :D

DS opened the HGB letter but not so sure now about KE letters as they have all started getting a bit competitive at school and I don't want him to know his score and either feel bad or make others feel bad.

UmSusu

Edit: this post was a reply to someone's post who has now removed it but it sounds daft on its own. I just don't know how to delete it.
Last edited by UmSusu on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

For a minute I thought you got the mail ,cheeky mum but I hope its happy news for all of us today.all the best to each and every one of you.
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

Can't believe how stressed you are. Just try and relax. Remember its a test for 10 year olds. It certainly won't change my ds if he passes or fails.

I failed my test all those years ago and still went to oxbridge. I have also seen many GS school pupils end up with not making the best of their starts.

Your anxitity will be passed down.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Thinking of you all today. Thanks for going ahead of me with the new system!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

You are right 11nuts : but I also knew that the world was not going to end depending on the outcome of my last interview but it did not stop me stressing about it.

Whether they pass or not will not 'change' anyone's child but whilst the 11 plus has its benefits, the horrible side to it is the idea that a child sits an exam at this tender age along with all their peers that can only have a 'pass' or 'fail' outcome.

As someone who has been through this before with a mixed set of outcomes I would say the child may or may not be nervous depending on how keen he is to get to a particular school or how much pressure he feels under, but the parents are usually anxious as they will have to break the news to them.
UmSusu
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

UmSusu wrote:No I don't get my post this early! Just couldn't sleep and thought I would start a thread for those that do. I have started a separate thread for the not-so-good or confusing news. I still have no idea which one I will be posting on but it stops all the posts becoming so confusing.

Good Luck!
We have received the results today. Our DS has got through!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

goodness dr.watson - I thought you were in bristol and applying to Pate's?
MSD

Post by MSD »

Congratulations Dr. Watson! You are one of the first lucky ones to receive the post; we are still waiting.

Do you mind telling us the content and format of the letter?

MSD
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

hermanmunster wrote:goodness dr.watson - I thought you were in bristol and applying to Pate's?
This was the backup plan, hermanmunster. Gloucestershire and Birmingham consortium doesn't have any catchment criteria.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now