How safe is safe?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lion

How safe is safe?

Post by lion »

I am also a lurker, but I suppose we all were once! Firstly, I think this forum is great, the information and support you provide is wonderful and gratefully received even by those of us who don't actively contribute!

I just had a quick question. I received my daughter's results today and she is 7-9 marks above the minimum score required for our chosen grammar based on 2010-2011. Does anyone have any views on whether the changed process will result in significantly higher minimum scores? How many marks above do you think are necessary to feel safe and confident?

Thanks for any guidance

Lion
MSD

Re: How safe is safe?

Post by MSD »

No one can answer that with any certainty but my personal feeling is that it is a very safe score. Put that down as your first choice.

MSD
josh sen

Post by josh sen »

Nobody knows but there is a high chance it will be lower .The school that will benefit the most is Camp Hill and that will effectively lower the overall scores.(I think).
Sean_uk

Post by Sean_uk »

Hi
Thanks for this forum.
I've a similar question - probably been answered but still, my dd's mark is 3-5 above CHGS cutoff (225). As she would dearly like to go to CH should she put this as 1st place on her CAF. dd also got a reasonable placement in QMGs - although we're from bham should we still put QMGs on the CAF and where would you suggest we should rank it.

Many thanks for any assistance forthcoming.
S
MSD

Post by MSD »

Josh,

What do you mean when you say the school that will benefit the most is Camp Hill?

MSD
MSD

Post by MSD »

Sean,

All schools you are interested in irrespective of the location must go on the same CAF form. And the school you like the most must be listed at the top followed by other schools in preference order.

MSD
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Ds scored 235 and aiming for CHB. Can anyone please advise what chances we have to get CHB .
josh sen

Post by josh sen »

@MSD
I am thinking that people who would put another school as first choice instead Camp Hill which are by far the two most popular schools of choice will have the opportunity to decide if they want to put Camp Hill first .For example one of my friend's daughter did not so well on the Walsall consortium exam but did very well on the Birmingham exam,well enough for them to be deciding to put Camp Hill as number one .Before that they did not even consider Camp Hill schools any at all.

Hope I explained what I'm thinking correctly and it make sense .
sss

Post by sss »

Priya01 wrote:Ds scored 235 and aiming for CHB. Can anyone please advise what chances we have to get CHB .
No one can say with any real degree of certainty.
I've been saying for a while to be absolutely safe for any of the GS you need to have a score 3-4 marks above last years results.
I'm afraid you'll need to sit tight on this one until March - BUT stay positive. If you want CHB then obviously put it down as first on the CAF form.
Good luck
sss
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

235 is right on borderline; hang tight
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now