Breakfast before school

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Paramjeet

Breakfast before school

Post by Paramjeet »

just after some tips on what breakfast various children have before (if any) before school..

we have tried warm croissants with jam, bread with chunks of chocolate inside, porridge (once), sandwiches...now DC is on cereal with milk..finally milk.
FluffyD

Re: Breakfast before school

Post by FluffyD »

Mine usually have cereal with cold milk or toast. If I am feeling kind and have got up in time I will make a cooked breakfast of omelette or sausages and scrambled eggs.
As it is starting to get colder I have got the porridge in ready....one likes it with sugar, the other a splodge of jam. I don't mind as it is just a little bit and at least they are eating before they leave the house.
Vic x
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Real oat porridge with soya milk and honey, and maybe a slice toast.......
My 17 year old dutifully eats muesli all week, under my watchful eye, but goes to weetabix on weekends or cornflakes.....
I worry about them getting hungry with such a long gap between breakfast and lunch.....
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I'm afraid DD has become very fussy and I am struggling to get her back on track. A glass of milk (only recently though), sometimes scrambled egg on toast, falafel with houmous (I know) or just toast with butter. Occasionally she will have a banana and an apple. DS has cereal and toast. Weekends are more relaxed with pain au chocolat or something else they fancy.
JRM

Post by JRM »

My MiL used to serve up something with protein as brain food to my DH every morning before school. I used to think she was mad, but these days I struggle to fill them. We usually have weetabix or cereal plus a piece of fruit and yoghurt but I am seriously considering getting up earlier and doing beans on toast or scrambled egg etc. The MiL used to do fishfingers for breakfast!!
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Here it's ready brek or real porridge if it's cold, weetabix, shreddies or occasionally coco pops or crunchy nut cornflakes. DD knows I don't approve of cereals that are more like sweets or full of chocolate so she doesn't push it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Cereal or bread/toast here. Occasionally an egg but not so often now. Sometimes fruit. Once tomato soup (post braces). It is a rule that they have to have breakfast before they leave & they know it's not worth arguing. They also know that I don't really approve of "sweet-like" cereal although they do sometimes get away with crunchy nut cornflake & Cheerios.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Porridge and dried fruit , any kind of eggs , toast or sometimes a continental breakfast from me...pancakes with syrup, chocolate , lemon and sugar from DH :roll: ( plus an explosion of mess )
mystery

Post by mystery »

Bran flakes
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Scarlett, can I come for breakfast soon please? :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now