Pupil Reports - timescales

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pepper2

Pupil Reports - timescales

Post by Pepper2 »

Hi all

Does anyone know if there are guidelines regarding the timescales between receiving a pupil report and a parents evening?

We were scheduled to receive our reports today and the parents evening is next Tuesday. It does not seem reasonable to give only 1 day for parents to pick up any issues that may be raised in the report and to give teachers sufficient time to respond(in the last week of term!!)

Your help would be appreciated
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There are none - every school I've ever known has its own pattern of reports - some even give them out on the last day!!!!!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

At my son's primary school, we had the report after the parent evening.

During the parent evening, we were allowed to look at it, but we had to give it back, and it was finally given to us on the last day of school :twisted:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Our school reports only ever come out on the last afternoon of term, so we have the whole summer holiday to fume about the contents!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Our school reports were out today,our parents evenings are in February!!!!
Year 5 son had great report,but no SATS levels,the school never give then out apart from year 2 and 6.

Regards,
Gloucestermum

Post by Guest »

Parents evening was in March and reports and sats results today. We were given predicted levels in March if we asked for them.
sidcup mum

Post by sidcup mum »

We've had no report or sats results from our school as yet. Not sure if there's a problem with sats results in bexley. Has anyone else in Bexley borough recieved their sats results yet?
As you say there will be very little time left to raise any concerns, especially at my school where you can be put off for weeks when you want to see someone officially.