King Edwards Birmingham Five Ways

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest3

King Edwards Birmingham Five Ways

Post by Guest3 »

Just a peice of info I gained from the foundation for parents of children who sat for this school this year, and a guide for those sitting next year. The "pass mark" or as I prefer to call it the required score for entry to this school for this year was 93%! Well done to those who got a place. Sadly many able children will not have done, Good Luck to all.

Post by Guest »

Just wondered how you arrived at this figure as KE foundation are very secretive about scores. My daughter got into the school a couple of years ago and they wouldn't tell me her score. The children who didn't get in could get their scores, but not those who did.

Just wondering that's all!
guest3

Post by guest3 »

I was quoted the figure by a father whos daughter had not gained a place, the foundation had told him that she had done well but the lowest mark to gain a place was 93% at Five Ways. My child is going to Camp Hill, and I asked for his mark or ranking and was told the lowest score to be allocated a place this year was 350, but as you found they would not tell me what he got. I can hardly believe that the level is so high.

Post by Guest »

My daughter already goes to Camp Hill and I have another child who will sit the test in November. I wonder what 350 means and how many it is out of. They always say it is easier to get into 5 ways than camp hill, but 93% is very high - I wonder if camp hill's score is higher. It is worse for a child whose sister/brother goes to the school as the pressure is really on. I just want them both to go to the same school - although the boys' school is next door (my second is a boy).

Any info would be great!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I believe that the score for Camp Hill may well have been even higher, which is mind blowing isn't it. Very bright children. The school is lovely though. Am I right in thinking Mrs Drew James is the head now at the girls'. She taught me English and was a brilliant teacher I have to say. I expect she makes a very good Headteacher. Hope your son does well. Are you doing any papers or tutoring him at all?

Post by Guest »

Yes Mrs James is the Headteacher now - she used to be headteacher at Wolverhampton Girls school.

My son is being tutored, although I am unsure as to whether it makes a real difference to him. He has always been top of his class at primary school, but I expect it depends on how he reacts on the day itself. The competition is so ferocious at the school, with 1350 applicants or thereabouts. We live by the school, so that is my main concern that he goes to a school that is close by.

Thanks for any information.
Ali

Tuition

Post by Ali »

3 of my children have managed to pass the 11+ for king edwardsover the years, they were all of average ability, I sent them to tudor house on a saturday. They worked wonders with mine over the years, and they really enjoyed the classes. unfortunalty I only heard about them after my first son failed! With 3/4 boys in K.E my oldest feels a little put out. Oh well !! I can definatly recommend them.

REgards,

Ali
bilal

KE

Post by bilal »

Hi Ali
I am interested in sending my daughter to KE Birmingham. I am so lucky to come across this website can you please give me some info about Tudor House.
jayne

Post by jayne »

I think tutors work wonders with children but they also need the support of parents.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

My children attend a small tutoring agency it is called EDU and they are based at St GEorges Post 16 Centre in Hockley. I find it really helps them and the tutors are so friendly. The classes are small too. They are open on Thursdays 6 -8 and Saturdays 10 - 12. To be honest it has really made a difference to their education, I work with them at home too - its really important.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now