Bus to Caistor Grammar from Scunthorpe????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Angie76

Bus to Caistor Grammar from Scunthorpe????

Post by Angie76 »

Hi anyone

I'm wondering if anyone can advise of the bus timetable to Caistor Grammar in Caistor, Lincolnshire. I'm in Scunthorpe and have heard they pick up from Forest Pines and wondered if this was still the case? Or does it pick up in Scunthorpe itself ?

Any info appreciated

Angie76 :D
Angie76

Re: Bus to Caistor Grammar from Scunthorpe????

Post by Angie76 »

Hi

Any info on buses to Caistor Grammar appreciated.

Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Angie, I'd post this in Lincs if you have't already. If you don't get a reply, head to the bus stop you think picks up from and get your answer that way - I did.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi Stocky

I'll do that thanks. I meant to post it in the lincs section but i must have clicked on wrong one.
I may go to the bus stop only problem is I'm not sure of time! Could anywhere from about 7.30am to 8am and have the boys to sort for school soba but awkward.
I don't know what company it is that do it either and tried googling it but nothing showing for bus from Forest Pines to Caistor.
I have a good while to find out at least lol.
Hope you are well x

Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Do the school publish the timetables? Saying that the one QE publishes is still wrong where we're concerned, hence why I physically went to the bus stop and phoned the company concerned. Try travel line east midlands, ours comes up on that.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi

The school don't have anything to do with the bus from outside the 6.5 miles catchment. From what I have been led to believe is that a parent set this bus journey up as his child apparently attends. I will try and find out more but just thought someone on here may know. I was hoping it would start it's route in Scunthorpe otherwise I will have to take my DS 6 miles to the bus stop every morning and again in the evening whist also sorting out my youngest for school also. We are putting the house on the Market next year to hopefully be somewhere more central but obviously with the property Market as it is we could be waiting a long time to sell.

Angie76
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

QE have nothing to do with buses either, they just publish the info they have ish. It sounds like you are swaying towards Caistor?? I bet it does or more importantly can start its journey sooner, I think once you've found out the company you will get sorted.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Think Caistor is going to our only option as I'm certain he won't get into QE with being 13.5 miles away. I know people who are pretending the Child has moved in with dad but I know this is not true. The child only goes once a week so think there is little chance if so many people do this.
Only time will tell I guess but at least DS got the letter needed to get a place at Caistor.

Angie76
Disney-Mum

Post by Disney-Mum »

Hello

I have just spent the last 2 days getting in touch with people re: busses for bothe Caistor and QEHS - so I should be able to help :-)

We're in the same situation re: transport, but we live even further out... here is the info I have got:

CAISTOR:

Bus from Mr and Mrs Grayson who sort the busses.
The pick up is Forest Pines, but this year for the first year, they have moved the pick up to Saxby-All-Saints, Bonby,
Worlaby and Elsham. I am hoping enough children from my area will need picking up so the **might** move the pick up closer to me - I know there is one child in my village, one in the next and a few from Burton upon Stather who will be going...so fingers crossed...
Cut from my email: As a guide, the Forest Pines pick-up is at 7.55 Am, returning there at
around 4.35 Pm. The cost this year is
£ 86.30 per month.

There is another bus for Caistor also:
OAKLANDS
The closest to me is Barton market Place, this one comes from Barrow upon Humber, Ulceby and Goxhill area.
My quote from Barton is £5.78 return per day, this usually taken on a direct debit basis, over 10 months, commencing in September. And completing in June the following year.

QEHS

I live WAY out of catchment (over 20m) but my son has a statement of needs, and I am seriously considering QEHS - the only problem is travel. There is a 'public bus' but I have heard it isn't always reliable - this goes from Scunthorpe bus station. Also:
HOLLOWAYS:
I received an email witht he stops:

Kirks Corner 7.55am. return 4.15pm.

Museum Oswald Road 8.03am. “ 4.07pm.

Cottage Beck Road Corner 8.04am. “ 4.06pm.

Brumby Post Office 8.06am. “ 4.04pm.

Ashby Turn 8.08am. “ 4.02pm.

Messingham Rd Spar Shop 8.11am. “ 3.59pm.

Mess – Coopers garage 8.14am. “ 3.56pm

Green Tree Messingham 8.15am. “ 3.55pm.

Sands Lane Scotter 8.18am. “ 3.52pm.

Queen Elizabeth’s School 8.35am. “ 3.45pm.

And: Cost this year is the same as last ie £630.
190 days @ £3.31 per day.
Various payment options.

I hope that helps some - to be honest I wish the travel to QEHS was much easier - I think Mr Grayson is deffinately open to extending the service to Caistor, depending on numbers - so it might end up being the best choice for us. Also, we have to think about what happens if we're ill or can't get him to the stop for any reason, at least with Caistor there **might** be other parents willing to help.....

Hope this helps - It took me 3 days and 2 sleepless nights to find it all - haha!

x
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Thank you so much for that info I'm very grateful.
I really hope the bus moves into Scunthorpe for Caistor as it would make life so much easier.
QEHS picks up from The Mallard which is a stones throw away from me so my son could walk to and from the bus stop. I thought it was a proper school bus so concerns me that it's a public bus but will sleep on this info and hopefully decide who we are putting first. Prob won't get into QEHS anyway on distance x